ASIA’S LONGEST & WORLD’S 5TH LARGEST HST IN PITHAMPUR
In line with the Aatmanirbhar Bharat initiative, Union Minister Prakash Kehav Javadekar, Ministry of Heavy Industries and State Enterprises (MoHI&PE) has practically inaugurated the longest in Asia and the world’s fifth largest 11.3 km NATRAX (National Automotive Test Tracks) High-Speed Track (HST) in the Indian district of Pithampur in Indore, Madhya Pradesh.
HIGHEST CIVILIAN AWARD FROM MONGOLIA “THE ORDER OF THE POLAR STAR”
On 24th June, 2021, Chairman and Managing Director (CMD), Engineers India Ltd. (EIL), RK Sabharwal, received the highest civilian award from Mongolia “the order of the polar star”. He received the prestigious award for his contribution to the construction of the first Mongolian oil refinery.
J&K LAUNCHES ‘HAUSLA’ SCHEME
- Jammu & Kashmir (J&K) Lieutenant Governor (LG) Manoj Sinha launched a women’s entrepreneurship scheme titled HAUSLA – Inspiring Her Growth in the Territory of the Union Territory (UT) in June 2021.
- Hausla is a comprehensive women’s entrepreneurship program to be implemented through the Jammu and Kashmir Trade Promotion Organization.
About Jammu & Kashmir:
- UT Animal – Hangul
- UT Bird- Black-necked crane
UDISE+ 2019-20 FOR SCHOOL EDUCATION
- Union Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ has released the 2019-2020 report on ‘United District Information System for Education Plus’ (UDISE+) for school education in India. This is the formal statistical system of the Department of Education (MoE).
- The Gross Enrolment Ratio (GERD) improved at all educational levels in 2019-20 compared to 2018-19. The pupil-teacher ratio (PTR) has also grown at all levels of school education.
- The total number of students enrolled in pre-primary to higher secondary education exceeded 26.45 crores in 2019-20, an increase of 42.3 lakh from 2018-19.
About Ministry of Education
- Union Minister – Ramesh Pokhriyal (Haridwar, Uttarakhand)
- Minister of State – Sanjay Shamrao Dhotre
‘SARAL PENSION PLAN’
The Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) of India launched an individual, non-affiliated, non-participative one-time pension plan called the Saral Pension Plan in accordance with Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) guidance on July 1, 2021.
- H.Q – Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Chairman -M R Kumar
ENROUTE TECHNOLOGIES COMPANY LAUNCHED OMNICARD
- After being authorized by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to issue and operate the Prepaid Payment Instrument (PPI).
- An Eroute financial technology company has launched OmniCard, a prepaid card for young people between 15 and 24 years old.
- The OmniCard is powered by RuPay and offers an integrated safe payment with online and offline payment options.
- This is the first PPI launched by a non-bank payment system operator in India after the RBI permitted them to include more features in prepaid cards, put them on a par with payment banks.
About Eroute Technologies:
- H.Q – Noida, Uttar Pradesh
- Co-founder, MD & CEO – Sanjeev Pandey
COMPENDIUM ISSUED ON GENDER ISSUES IN DAY-NRLM
Panchayati Raj, Minister of Rural Development, Agriculture and Farmer Welfare, and Narendra Singh Tomar, Food Processing Industries, issued a compendium on how Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana –The National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NRLM) deals with gender issues through the Social Action Committees of the Federations of Self-help Groups (HSG).
About Ministry of Rural Development:
- Union Minister – Narendra Singh Tomar
- Minister of State – Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti
SHAMBHU NATH SRIVASTAVA APPOINTED AS CHAIRMAN OF IFUNA
Shambhu Nath Srivastava, former judge of the High Court of Allahabad and former Chief Lokayukta of Chhattisgarh, was appointed President of the Indian Federation of United Nations Associations (IFUNA). He replaced Mukul Sangma, former Chief Minister in Meghalaya.
- H.Q– New Delhi
- President – Bijoya Chakrabarty, former Union Minister
NATHURAM GODSE: THE TRUE STORY OF GANDHI’S ASSASSIN
Journalist Dhaval Kulkarni wrote a book titled “Nathuram Godse: The True Story of Gandhi’s Assassin”, the biography of Nathuram Godse, the murderer of Mahatma Gandhi.
Teesta Guha Sarkar, editor of Pan Macmillan India, acquired the book from Anish Chandy, founder of the literary agency Labyrinth.
INTERNATIONAL NO PLASTIC BAG DAY- 3RD JULY 2021
International No Plastic Bags Day is celebrated annually around the world on 3rd July 2021, to raise awareness and highlight plastic pollution issues the effects of plastic pollution on the natural environment between land and sea.
The day also encourages the use of paper bags and cloth bags and the elimination of the use of single-use plastic.
About Zero Waste Europe (ZWE):
- E.D– Joan Marc Simon
- H.Q– Brussels, Belgium
SUPREME COURT ORDER: UTS TO IMPLEMENT ‘ONE NATION ONE RATION CARD
- On June 29, 2021, the Supreme Court (SC) ordered states and territories of the Union (UT) to extend the implementation of the “One Nation, One Ration Card” (ONORC) by July 31, 2021, to ensure food security, cash transfers and other wellness measures for migrant workers as part of COVID-19.
- Judges Ashok Bhushan and Mr. M R Shah discussed the difficulties faced by 38 crore migrant workers in India.
- One-fourth of the country’s population during the second wave of COVID-19 because of the lack of ration cards.
THE GOVERNMENT RETAINED THE SMALL SAVINGS SCHEMES FOR Q2 OF FY22
The Ministry of Finance of the Government of India (GoI) has retained the interest rate of the Small Savings Scheme for the 2nd quarter (Q2) of the financial year 2021-202 2 (FY22) same as Q1 of the financial year (FY22) due to COVID-19.
Small savings schemes include 12 schemes, including the National Savings Certificate (NSC), the Public Pension Fund (PPF), Kisan Vikas Patra (KVP), and the Sukanya Samriddhi scheme, etc.
About Finance Ministry:
- Union Minister – Nirmala Sitharaman
- Minister of State – Anurag Singh Thakur
PMFME SCHEME COMPLETES ONE YEAR
The Pradhan Mantri Formalization of Micro Food Processing Enterprises (PMFME) scheme, launched as part of the Atma Nirbhar Bharat Abhiyan, concluded one year after its launch on 29 June 2021.
PMFME is a centrally funded programme which aims to improve the competitiveness of existing individual micro-enterprises in the unorganized segment of the food processing industry, to promote the formalization of the sector and support agricultural producer organizations(APO), self-help groups and producer cooperatives across their value chain.
- Union Minister – Narendra Singh Tomar
- Minister of State – Rameswar Teli (Assam)
PSA LAUNCHES ‘ATMANIRBHAR KRISHI APP’
The Indian Government’s Office of PRINCIPAL SCIENTIFIC ADVISOR (PSA) has launched the Atmanirbhar Krishi application under the Kisan Mitr initiative. The application aims to provide farmers with actionable agricultural information and early weather warnings.
It was designed and built by the team Tech Mahindra Makers Lab, the Research & Development branch of Tech Mahindra.
INDIA PRESENTED 10 TRANSLATED BOOKS TO THE SECRETARY-GENERAL OF SCO
India’s Ambassador to China, Vikram Misri presented 10 translated books of modern Indian literature to the Secretary-General of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO), Vladimir Norov, at the SCO Secretariat in Beijing, China.
It includes translations into English, Russian and Chinese of 10 classical books of modern literature written by leading Indian authors in various languages. These books are translated & written by Sahitya Akademi.
LIST OF TRANSLATED BOOKS:
- The Promised Hand (Gujrati) by Jhaverchand Meghnani
- Illu (Telugu) by Rachakonda Vishwanatha Sastry
- Longing for Sunshine (Assamese) by Sayed Abdul Malik
- Mystery of the Missing Cap and other short stories (Odia) by Manoj Das
- Of Men and Moments (Tamil) by Jayakanthan
- Ordained by Fate (Urdu) by Rajender Singh Bedi,
- Parva: A Tale of War, Peace, Love, Death, God and Man (Kannada) by S L Bhyrappa
- The Last Exit (Hindi) by Nirmal Varma
- The Last Flicker (Punjabi) by Gurdial Singh
- Arogyaniketan (Bengali) written by Tarashankar Bandyopadhyay
About Shanghai Cooperation Organization SCO:
- Secretary-General: Vladimir Norov
- H.Q: Beijing, China
- Official language: Chinese and Russian
GLOBAL CYBERSECURITY INDEX 2020
- On June 29, 2021, the Global Cyber Security Index (GCI) 2020 was launched by the International Telecommunication Union (ITU). According to the ranking, India climbed 37 spots to rank 10th among the world’s top countries on the 2020 Global Cyber Security Index (IPC).
- The United States leads the rankings, followed by the United Kingdom and Saudi Arabia, tied in second place, while Estonia ranks third in the index.
About International Telecommunication Union:
- Secretary-General – Houlin Zhao
- H.Q – Geneva, Switzerland
WORLD YOUNGEST CHESS MASTER: 2021
American boy Abhimanyu Mishra 12-year-old Indian became the youngest-ever Grandmaster in chess on June 28, 2021. A New Jersey native, Abhimanyu broke the 12-year and 7-month record established by GM Sergey Karjakin in 2002.
Abhimanyu Mishra broke the record for India’s R Praggnanandhaa to become the world’s youngest master.
WHO: WORLD’S 1ST REPORT ON ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
The World Health Organization (WHO) has published the first global report on the use of artificial intelligence (AI) in health care entitled “Ethics and governance of artificial intelligence for health” in June 2021.
WHO, with input from various international experts, prepared the report that can be used by countries to minimize the risk and maximize the benefits of Artificial Intelligence (AI).
- Director-General – Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus
- H.Q – Geneva, Switzerland
“FIERCELY FEMALE: THE DUTEE CHAND STORY”
Journalist Sundeep Mishra is the author of “Fiercely Female: The Dutee Chand Story”. The book outlines the controversy over gender identity of popular Indian sprinter Dutee Chand.
She is the first publicly homosexual athlete in India.
NATIONAL DOCTORS DAY 2021
- National Doctor Day is celebrated each year across India on July 1 to recognize the efforts and contributions of the doctor community to society and a doctors’ commitment to their profession.
- It is also the anniversary of the birth and death of Dr. Bidhan Chandra Roy, a former Chief Minister of West Bengal (WB) from 1948 to 1962.
- The headquarters of Indian Medical Association (IMA)has declared“Save the Saviours” as the theme of National Doctors Day 2021.
- National President– Dr. Rajan Sharma
- H.Q– New Delhi