1. The 36th Edition of Coordinated Patrol (CORPAT) was held between the Indian Navy & Indonesia
- The Indian Navy Ship (INS) Saryu, an indigenous-built offshore patrol vessel (OPV), and the Indonesian Navy Ship KRI Bung Tomo took part in the coordinated patrol.
- The patrol was conducted in the “A non-contact, at sea only” format because of the pandemic.
About Indian Navy
Chief of Navy Staff (CNS)– Admiral Karambir Singh
President – Joko Widodo
Currency – Indonesian Rupiah (IDR)
2. Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (Amendment Bill), 2021
- Submitted by Rao Inderjit Singh, Minister of State (Corporate Affairs).
- The bill proposes a pre-arranged insolvency process for corporate debtors under the Microenterprise and Small and Medium Enterprise Development Act, 2006.
About Ministry of Corporate Affairs
- Union Minister – Nirmala Sitharaman
- Minister of State – Rao Inderjit Singh
3. New Prime Minister of Peru: Guido Bellido
- Guido Bellido was elected as the prime minister and Pedro Castillo Terrones took charge as the 63rd President of Peru, on 28th July 2021.
- He will hold power from 2021-26.
- Peru is the World’s No. 2 Producer of copper (Chile is the first producer of copper).
Currency – Sol
4. “My Own Mazagon” book authored by: Captain Ramesh Babu
- “My Own Mazagon”: The History of a Little Island in the Bombay Archipelago”.
- The book was jointly published by Vice Admiral R. Hari Kumar.
- The Book features the history and story of Mazagon, the island which was merged into a single entity as Bombay.
5. ‘Leopard Diaries – the Rosette in India’ is authored by: Sanjay Gubbi
- This book is about food habits, ecological context, and conservation of the leopard as well as suggestions for overcoming the leopard-human conflict.
- The book was published by Westland.
6. One percent horizontal reservation for the transgender in each category give by Karnataka
- The General category, Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST) and Other Backward Classes (OBC) for all government services after modification of Rule 9 Sub-Rule (1D) Karnataka Public Service (General Recruitment) Rule, 1977.
- One percent reservation specifies all general as well as reserve categories for the 3rd gender.
- If transgendered candidates are not available, the job could be given to men or women in the same category.
Chief Minister– Basavaraj Bommai
National Parks- Bandipur National Park, and Bannerghatta National Park, Atal Bihari Vajpayee Zoological Park.
7. 1st position in India under (CCTNS): Haryana Police
- Haryana police, with scores of 100 percent, obtained the first post in India as part of the Crime and Criminal Tracking Network System (CCTNS).
- Gujarat police took second place, while Himachal Pradesh was placed third.
About National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB)
Director – Ramphal Pawar
Headquarters – New Delhi
8. Formula One Hungarian Grand Prix 2021 Won by Alpine Renault’s Esteban Ocon (France)
- It is Esteban Ocon’s maiden F1 victory.
About Federation Internationale de l’Automobile (FIA)
President– Jean Todt
Headquarters – Paris, France
9. “Nehru, Tibet, and China” authored by Avtar Singh Bhasin
- The book published by Penguin Random House India presents the various details and events which took place from the independence of India to the Indochinese war of 1962.
10. “A Different Route to Success: It Could Be Yours” authored by Ramesh Narayan
- The book highlights various significant events and phases of his life.
- The book was published by Notion Press.
11. Prime Minister Narendra Modi virtually launched the Digital Payment Solution Named ‘e-RUPI’
- The National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has developed e-UFUSP, the unique “No Cash and No Contact” digital payment voucher platform on its Unified Payments Interface (UPI) in collaboration with the Ministry of Financial Services (DFS), the National Health Authority (NHA), the Ministry of Health and Family Well-being (MoHFW) and partner banks.
- The e-Rupi e-voucher/coupon could be shared as an SMS channel or a QR code (instead of Money) on the mobile of the recipients for specific purposes (health, education, grants, etc).
- The beneficiaries could exchange the voucher with the supplier (i.e. merchants that accept electronic e-RUPI)) and do not require a card, digital payment application, bank account, Internet Banking, and other traditional payment methods to complete the transaction.
About National Payments Corporation of India:
Establishment – 2008
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
MD & CEO–DilipAsbe
12. DefExpo-2022 to be held at Gandhinagar, Gujarat
- The land and naval systems show of the Ministry of Defence highlights the DefExpo-2022 (12th Edition).
- The last edition of Defence Expo 2020 was held in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh.
13. Chief Minister of Haryana Manohar Lal Khattar launched a scheme ‘Har Hith store’
- The project started with the opening of a store during a program in Panchkula, Haryana.
- This project will see a grocery chain open in rural and urban areas to sell high-quality products at reasonable prices.
Governor– Bandaru Dattatreya
National Parks– Kalesar National Park, Sultanpur National Park.
14. World Record for most runs scored in T20I in a year by Wicketkeeper-Batsman Mohammad Rizwan
- He has scored 752 runs in 2021 (14 innings of 15 matches).
- He has surpassed Ireland’s Paul Stirling, who aggregated 748 runs in 20 innings of 20 matches at an average of 41.55 in 2019.
15. India’s first lightest metro train – Pune Metro (Maharashtra)
- Titagarh Wagons Ltd, a company based in Titagarh, West Bengal, organised a virtual ceremony to present its first train to the Pune metro (Maharashtra) which was manufactured by its branch in Italy (Europe), the Titagarh Firema SpA factory.
- The first freight train on the Haldibari (West Bengal) – Chilahati (Bangladesh) rail link was reported as carrying construction material (stone chips) after 1965.
- It is a fifth rail link between India and Bangladesh.
About Indian Railways:
Chief Executive Officer & Chairman of Railway Board – Suneet Sharma
Headquarters – New Delhi
16. Fortune Global 500 list 2021:
|155||Reliance Industries Ltd||$62,912.1|
|205||State Bank of India (SBI)
(Improved by 16 places)
|212||Indian Oil Corporation (IOC)||$50,433|
- Mukesh Ambani’s oil-to-telecom conglomerate Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) slipped 59 places to rank 155th (due to COVID-19) on the2021
About Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL)
CMD – Mukesh D. Ambani
Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
17. Order of British Columbia award given to Ajay Dilawri
- Ajay Dilawri, the Indian-origin entrepreneur, was honoured with Canada‘s highest prestigious Order of British Columbia award. He was one of the 16 recipients.
- The Dilawri Foundation has contributed to Canadian society; donated tens of millions of dollars to help charitable causes in health care, mental health, autism, education, and public safety.
18. Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal launched CSR initiatives Delhi@2047’ to make Delhi a global city by 2047.
- This sets an aim to take Delhi’s per capita income to Singapore’s level.
- The Dialogue and Development Commission (DDC), a think-tank of the Government of NCT of Delhi will create & host this CSIR initiative -Delhi@2047 platform.
- This initiative will begin by focusing on :
- “Khelo Dilli” – To build world-class playgrounds in government schools
- “City of Lakes” – 1,000 water bodies will be rejuvenated &
- “Smart School”- Bridging the digital divide in schools.
Governor– Anil Baijal
Wildlife Sanctuary – Asola-Bhatti Wildlife Sanctuary
In case of any discrepancies or errors, plz notify to:
B.TECH (MECHANICAL ENGG.)
- 4+ Years of Industrial Experience
- 2+ Years of Teaching
E-Mail: [email protected]