Current affairs of this week i.e 01.09.21 to 07.09.21 given below. The current affairs section in mechjobs.in has been designed and compiled in an effective manner by a team of experts. It is as per the latest trends of the various government exams. This section will certainly help the students in preparing and cracking the latest government exams.
1. A BOOK TITLED: KNOW YOUR RIGHTS AND CLAIM THEM
- On September 2021, Angelina Jolie and Amnesty International have recently joined forces to create a resource to help children and young people learn more about their rights with the publication of a new book that enables young people to denounce injustice.
- “Know Your Rights and Claim Them” – Co-authored with human rights lawyer Geraldine Van Bueren, an early drafter of the 1989 United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child – aims to equip children with the knowledge to safely combat injustices.
- She expects the book to also remind governments of their commitment to the World Treaty on the Civil, Social, Political and Economic Rights of Children.
2. BOOK TITLED: TOMATOES FOR NEELA
- “Tomatoes For Neela” is a book authored by Padma Lakshmi. The book was released between August and September 2021.
- The book is just a little personal story about a young single mother who is also a recipe author.
3. A BOOK TITLED: THE BLIND MATRIARCH
- Namita Gokhale’s book titled “The Blind Matriarch” will be released on September 27, 2021.
- The Blind Matriarch is a family saga that is “a lucid chronicle of the tragedies of India’s encounter with the coronavirus, the cynicism and desperation that accompanied it, and the resilience and power of the human spirit.”
- Co-founder and co-director of the Jaipur Literary Festival was awarded the Centenary National Award for Literature by Asam Sahitya Sabha in Guwahati in 2017. The Sushila Devi Literature Award for his book “Things to Leave Behind”.
4. INDIAN AND ALGERIAN NAVY PARTICIPATE MARITIME PARTNERSHIP EXERCISE
- On 29 August 2021, the Indian Navy and the Algerian Navy participated in a maritime partnering exercise.
- The exercise took place during the INS Tabar’s goodwill visit to Europe and Africa.
- The Indian Navy Ship INS Tabar participated with the Algerian vessel Ezzadjer
- The historical exercise was held off the coast of Algeria, which saw various activities, including coordinated maneuvering and communication procedures.
- As part of the exercise, Indian and Algerian battleships steamed their way.
- It will strengthen interoperability and allow for greater interaction and collaboration between the two parties in the future.
5. RBI APPOINTS NEERAJ CHOPRA (GOLD MEDALIST) FOR BANKING FRAUD AWARENESS CAMPAIGN
- Reserve Bank of India has roped in Neeraj Chopra for banking fraud awareness campaign. The Reserve Bank of India was established on April 1, 1935, in accordance with the provisions of the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934. RBI was set up on the basis of the recommendations of the Hilton Young Commission.
6. LG RK MATHUR INAUGURATED LADAKH NOMADIC FESTIVAL
- Lieutenant Governor Radha Krishna Mathur inaugurated a two-day ‘Ladakh Nomadic Festival’ in the region of Changthang at Korzok Phu, Ladakh. The event was organized by Ladakh Cultural Academy in association with the Department of Tourism.
- The first LADAKH NOMADIC FESTIVAL took place in Korzok Phoo, Tso Moriri or Lake Moriri or “Mountain Lake” in Ladakh from 30 to 31 August 2021.
- Their primary purpose is to promote the lifestyle, tourism and culture of the nomads of Ladakh’s most changthang eastern plateau.
Governor- R K Mathur
National park-Hemis National Park
Wildlife Sanctuary– Karakoram Wildlife Sanctuary, Changthang Wildlife Sanctuary, Kanji Wildlife Sanctuary.
7. NIGERIA’S CENTRAL BANK TIE-UP WITH BITT INC TO LAUNCH ITS OWN CRYPTOCURRENCY ‘ENAIRA’
- The NIGERIA CENTRAL BANK announced it is partnering with Bitt Inc, the global financial technology company, as a technical partner to launch its own cryptographic currency “eNaira” by the end of 2021.
- Context: In February 2021, Nigeria prohibited banks and financial institutions from processing or facilitating cryptocurrency transactions. Following this, the Nigerian Central Bank announced its plan to launch
About Bitt Inc:
Headquarters – Saint Michael, Barbados
CEO – Brian Popelka
8. PANKAJ KUMAR SINGH APPOINTED AS NEW BSF DIRECTOR-GENERAL
- Pankaj Kumar Singh was appointed by the Cabinet Appointments Committee (ACC) to the position of Director General (DG) of the Border Security Force.
- He will replace Surjeet Singh (S S) Deswal from the Indo-Tibetan Border Force (ITBP) after his retirement, who holds an additional position as CEO of BSF after the Rakesh Asthana mandate.
9. FINANCE MINISTER LAUNCHED ‘MY PAD MY RIGHT’ PROJECT IN TRIPURA
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman launched the “My Pad My Right” (MPMR) project in Killa Village, Gomati District, Tripura, on the final day of her two-day visit to
- The MRPM project is a joint initiative of the National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) and NABFOUNDATION. NABARD’s wholly-owned subsidiary to install low-cost sanitary equipment in over 700 districts.
- Bringing rural women’s livelihoods and menstrual hygiene closer together through grants, wage support and equipment.
Chief Minister– Biplab Kumar Deb
10. INDIA’S FIRST AIR FORCE HERITAGE CENTER IN CHANDIGARH
- The Chandigarh Government has signed an Agreement-in-Principle (AIP) with the Indian Air Force (IAF) to establish the Air Force Heritage Center in the Government Press Building in Chandigarh.
- The Agreement-in-Principle (AIP) was signed by Vinod P Kavle, Secretary of Culture, Union Territory (UT) of Chandigarh and Air Marshall Vikram Singh,
- India’s First Air Force heritage center.
11. BANGLADESHI VACCINE SCIENTIST FIRDAUSI QADRI AND 4 OTHERS WERE AWARDED FOR RAMON MAGSAYSAY AWARD 2021
- Bangladeshi scientist Firdausi Qadri, who has developed a cheap oral cholera vaccine, won the 2021 Ramon Magsaysay Prize, also known as the Asian Nobel Prize. The other recipients also received the prize for 2021.
- Muhammad Amjad Saqib (Pakistan) – for assisting people with social entrepreneurship.
- Steven Muncy (South East Asia) – for expanding humanitarian and peace-building efforts beyond borders.
- Filipino fish harvester and community environmentalist Roberto Ballon of the Philippines.
- Watchdoc Indonesia – for emerging leadership and for using journalism and film to give a voice to the people.
12. SOUTH AFRICAN CRICKETER DALE STEYN RETIRES FROM ALL FORMS OF CRICKET
- South Africa cricketer and fast bowler right arm, Dale Willem Steyn announced his retirement from all forms of cricket (ODIs, T2I) at the age of 38.
- He retired as a Test Cricket in 2019.
About International Cricket Council (ICC):
Chairman – Greg Barclay
Headquarters – Dubai, United Arab Emirates
13. NATIONAL NUTRITION WEEK 2021
- National Nutrition Week (NHW) is observed each year in India during the first week of September since 1982. National Nutrition Week (NNW) 2021 is observed between September 1 and 7, 2021.
- The theme of National Nutrition Week 2021 is ‘feeding smart right from start’.
- National Nutrition Week (NNW) was launched in 1982 as a mass-building campaign by the Food and Nutrition Board under the aegis of India’s Ministry of Women and Children’s Development (MWCD).
- The first NNW occurred between 1 and 7 September 1982.
About Ministry of Women and Child Development(MWCD):
Union Minister– Smriti Zubin Irani
Minister of State– Dr. Munjpara Mahendrabhai
14. AVANI LAKHERA AS BRAND AMBASSADOR FOR ‘BETI BACHAO AND BETI PADHAO’ PROJECT
- The Government of Rajasthan has named shooter Avani Lakhera as the Tokyo Paralympic gold medallist for the ‘Beti Bachao and Beti Padhao’ project under the Minister of Women and Child Development.
- Avani Lakhera is 19 years old and is owned by Jaipur, Rajasthan.
- She became the first Indian to win the 10 m (SH-1) rifle gold medal at the games and also set a world record for equality total of 6 points for a new Paralympic record.
15. GOA: FIRST INDIAN STATE TO GIVE FREE WATER
- The Chief Minister of Goa Pramod Sawant has launched the ‘Save Water to Get Free Water’ scheme on August 31, 2021, under which government households will not be billed for water use up to 16,000 liters.
- With this decision, Goa becomes the first Indian state to provide water without charge to its citizen’s w.e.f. September 1, 2021.
Governor– P. S. Sreedharan Pillai
16. PM RELEASED A SPECIAL COMMEMORATIVE COIN ON 125TH BIRTH ANNIVERSARY ISKCON FOUNDATION
- Swami PrabhupadaPrime Minister(PM) Narendra Modi virtually released a special issue of a Rs 125 commemorative coin on the occasion of the 125th birth anniversary of Srila A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, the Founder Acarya of the International Society for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON) which is popularly known as the Hare Krishna Movement.
Chairman & Managing Director– Tripti Patra Ghosh
17. INDIA & KAZAKHSTAN JOINT MILITARY EXERCISE 5TH EDITION OF ‘KAZIND-21′
- On September 1, 2021, the Indian Army participated in “KAZIND-21” – a joint military exercise between India and Kazakhstan in the village of Aisha Bibi in Kazakhstan.
- 90 Indian Army soldiers participated in the 5th edition of KAZIND, an annual bilateral exercise scheduled for September 1-10, 2021.
- This 10-day exercise aims to share expertise across armies in the area of counter-terrorism operations.
Capital – Nur-Sultan
President – Kassym-Jomart Tokayev