1. NEW PRIME MINISTER OF ISRAEL:
- Naftali Bennett was on June 12, 2021 sworn in as Israel’s new Prime Minister, ousting Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu from power after an uninterrupted 12 years at the helm of affairs.
- Bennett, the 49-year-old leader of the right-wing Yamina party, took oath of office after parliament (Knesset) voted on June 12, 2021 on the new government led by him.
- The new government – an unprecedented coalition of ideologically divergent political parties drawn from the Right, the Left and the Centre, along with an Arab party – has a razor-thin majority in a 120-member house.
2. BITCOIN AS A NATIONAL CURRENCY OF EL SALVADOR:
- El Salvador has passed a resolution to make Bitcoin a legal currency, which makes it the first country to approve cryptocurrency as a legal tender. The announcement was made by El Salvador President Nayib Bukele on 9 June 2021.
- El Salvador will NOW have two official currencies one was the US DOLLER & the other will be bitcoins within 3 months.
3. FRENCH OPEN MEN’S SINGLES TITLE 2021:
- World No.1 Novak Djokovic clinched his second French open Men’s Singles title after beating Stefanos Tsitsipas in the five-sets battle at Roland-Garros on June 13, 2021. He is now one short of the men’s 20 Grand Slam titles record of Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer.
- The Serbian world number one increased his Grand Slam tally to 19 titles, and is now one adrift of the men’s record held by Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal
4. LADAKH LAUNCHES “YOUNTAB SCHEME”:
- Ladakh Lieutenant Governor RK Mathur has launched the YounTab scheme for students in the Union Territory on 4 June 2021. He distributed 12,300 tablets to students between 6 and 12 classes from government schools will benefit from the YounTab program.
- The Information Technology Department encourages pre-loaded online and offline content, including textbooks, video lectures, and online classes of the YounTab program.
5. STATE OF INDIA’S ENVIRONMENT: INDIA RANKS 117 IN SDGS ACHIEVEMENT:
The State of the Environment in India 2021, published by the Centre for Science and Environment (CSE), the report found that India’s ranking declined two places from last year 115 to 117 of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) adopted under the 2030 Agenda.
H.Q – New Delhi
General Director– Sunita Narain
6. MOU SIGNED BETWEEN NMPB AND CSIR-NBRI FOR THE PRODUCTION OF MEDICINAL, HERBS:
On 5 June 2021, The National Medicinal Plant Board (NMPS) and the National Botanical Research Institute (CSIR-NBRI) have signed an agreement to encourage the cultivation and production of medicinal plants and herbal products in India.
The development of Quality Planting Material (QPM) of medicinal plants and herbal products identified by the National Medicinal Plant Board (NMPB).
- Chief Executive Officer(CEO): Dr. JLN Sastry
- Headquarters: New Delhi
7. VIRENDRA NANAVATI ELECTED AS A MEMBER OF THE FINA BUREAU:
On 5 June 2021, India’s Virendra Nanavati was elected as a member of the International Swimming Federation (FINA) Bureau at the world body’s General Congress held in Doha in Qatar.
Virendra Nanavati is currently serving as the vice-president of the Indian Olympic Association and executive director of the Swimming Federation of India (SFI).
Virendra Nanavati is the first Indian to be elected as a member of the FINA Bureau. He was elected for 2021-2025.
- H.Q : Lausanne, Switzerland
- President : Husain Al Musallam
8. RED BULL RACING RIDER SERGIO PEREZ WON 2021:
- On Sunday 6 June 2021, Red Bull’s Sergio Perez won a chaotic Azerbaijan Grand Prix.
- Red Bull Racing rider Sergio Perez (Mexico) won the F1’s Azerbaijan Grand Prix in Baku 2021, the capital of Azerbaijan.
9. DEFENCE MINISTER APPROVED 500 CR. BUDGET FOR BOOSTIING INNOVATION IN DEFENCE SECTOR:
- Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh approved INR 498.8 Crore budgetary support to Innovations forDefence Excellence-Defence Innovation Organisation (iDEX-DIO)for the next 5 years for boosting Defence Innovation in India. This will prove as a booster dose for the military equipments services & to provide backup for the latest armaments.
1O. PULITZER PRIZE WINNER MEGHA RAJAGOPALAN:
Pulitzer prize awarded to Megha Rajagopalan with Alison killing & Christo Buschek for a series of clear and compelling stories that used satellite imagery and architectural expertise, as well as interviews with two dozen former prisoners, to identify a vast new infrastructure built by the Chinese government for the mass detention of Muslims.
She has reported from 23 countries in Asia and the Middle East on stories ranging from the North Korean nuclear crisis to the peace process in Afghanistan. Her work has been translated into 7 languages, been taught in classrooms at Columbia and NYU, and was anthologized in 2018’s What Future: The Year’s Best Writing on What’s Next for People, Technology, and the Planet.
11. VIVATECH 2021:
The Prime Minister has been invited as a Guest of Honour to deliver the keynote address at VivaTech 2021.Other prominent speakers in the event include Mr. Emmanuel Macron, President of France, Mr. Pedro Sánchez, Prime Minister of Spain and Ministers/MPs from various European countries. The event will also witness participation of corporate leaders like Mr. Tim Cook, CEO, Apple, Mr. Mark Zuckerberg, Chairman and CEO, Facebook and Mr. Brad Smith, President, Microsoft among others.
VivaTech is one of the largest digital and startup events in Europe, held in Paris every year since 2016. It is jointly organized by Publicis Groupe – a prominent advertising and marketing conglomerate and Les Echos – a leading French media group. The 5th edition of VivaTech is scheduled to be held between 16-19 June 2021.
12. JUSTICE VIKRAM JEET SEN APPOINTED AS CHAIRMAN OF DIGITAL MEDIA CONTENT REGULATORY COUNCIL:
Justice Vikram Jeet Sen has been appointed as the chairman of the newly formed self-regulatory body Digital Media Content Regulatory Council. The move was done to bring together the broadcasters and OTT (over-the-top) platforms. It had also announced a self-regulatory body DMCRC for digital OTT platforms.
13. GLOBAL CHESS LEAGUE: 2021:
- The International Chess Federation (FIDE) announced a new partnership with Tech Mahindra Limited for the Global Chess League. Former world champion Viswanathan Anand will also be its official mentor and partner to give shape to this league.
- A new holding company will be formed to govern the operations of the Global Chess League, with the FIDE chairman as part of the board of directors.
14. ‘MEDICINES FROM THE SKY’ PROJECT IN TELANGANA:
- Flipkart to use drones to deliver medicines and vaccines in remote areas of Telangana.
- This technology will be used where road and other infrastructure is still in poor state. Technologies such as geo mapping, routing of shipments and track and trace of location, developed by the company over the years will be used to conduct Beyond Visual Line of Sight (BVLOS) deliveries in the remote areas of Telangana.
- The pilot project is expected to be conducted for over six days and will be tested out for delivering thousands of vaccines while keeping in mind all the safety and efficiency parameters.
15. “NAMASTE YOGA”:
- This app is devoted to Yoga. Event was organised by Ministry of Ayush in association with Morarji Desai National Institute of Yoga (MDNIY). It was launched with the aim of raising awareness about yoga and makes it accessible for larger community.
- IDY is observed on 21st June every year.
- In the year 2021, THEME- “Yoga at home and Yoga with Family”.
16. REBECA GRYNSPAN APPOINTED AS UNCTAD’S SECRETARY-GENERAL:
- Rebeca Grynspan of Costa Rica will be the new head of UNCTAD, the United Nations trade and development body. Her nomination was approved by the UN General Assembly on 11 June.
- An economist and current Ibero-American secretary-general, Ms. Grynspan, the first woman and Central American to be appointed as UNCTAD’s secretary-general.
- UNCTAD HAS 195 MEMBER STATES AND IS HEADQUARTERED IN GENEVA, SWITZERLAND.
17. WORLD DAY AGAINST CHILD LABOUR:
- World Day Against Child Labour observed on June 12 every year aims to spread awareness about the illegal employment practice and also talk about the ways to eradicate it completely. This year’s THEME IS ‘ACT NOW: END CHILD LABOUR’. It was launched by the International Labour Organization (ILO), an agency of the United Nations, in 2002.
- Globally nine million additional childrenare at risk of being pushed into child labour by the end 2022 due to COVID-19.Sub-Saharan region had the highest prevalence of child labour rate with 24% and largest number of children in child labour of around 87 million. Agriculture Sector accounts for 70% of childrenin child labour, followed by 20% in Services and 10% in Industry.
In case of any discrepancies or error plz notify to:
B.TECH (MECHANICAL ENGG.)
- 4+ Years of Industrial Experience
- 2+ Years of Teaching
E-Mail: [email protected]