The latest current affairs of this week i.e 08.08.21 to 15.08.21 is given below. It is very helpful to those preparing for the government exams.
1. MOBILE APP LAUNCHED ‘UTTARAKHAND BHOOKAMP ALERT’
- This mobile App ‘Uttarakhand Bhookamp Alert’ for alerting its people about the onset of earthquakes.
- The mobile app has been developed by IIT-Roorkee (IITR).
- The project was promoted by the Uttarakhand State Disaster Management Authority. It was first launched as a pilot project by the Ministry of Earth Sciences for the Garhwal region at Uttarakhand.
- The region of Uttarakhand is seismically active and prone to earthquakes.
Chief Minister– Pushkar Singh Dhami
2. RAJASTHAN GOVERNMENT LAUNCH ‘MISSION NIRYATAK BANO’
- The Rajasthan Industrial Development and Investment Company (RIICO) has launched a campaign to help local traders expand into foreign countries.
- The “Mission Niryatak Bano” campaign is planned in six phases to register and hold the hand of local traders wishing to extend their activities to foreign countries.
- Many of these products hold the quality and demand on the international markets and by keeping local businessmen the mission is helping to increase Rajasthan’s total exports and increase employment opportunities in the state.
3. PV SINDHU WON BRONZE MEDAL IN TOKYO OLYMPIC
- PV Sindhu beat He Bing Jiao 21-13 and 21-15 in the bronze medal at the Tokyo Olympics and became the first Indian to win two individual Olympic medals.
- She received the sporting honor Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna and the fourth highest civil award in India. She also won the Padma Bhushan Award, the third highest civil award in India, in January 2020.
4. GREEN HYDROGEN FUELLING STATION IN LADAKH
- National Thermal Power Corporation Renewable Energy Ltd (NTPC REL), a wholly owned subsidiary of NTPC, has issued a domestic tender for the establishment of the first green hydrogen fuelling station in India in Leh, Ladakh.
- NTPC REL and NVVN would jointly implement the green mobility project on Ladakh trade union territory. A dedicated 1.25MW solar power plant is also being installed at Leh by NTPC REL to make the hydrogen refueling station fully green.
- NTPC REL had previously signed a Ladakh agreement for the development of green hydrogen technologies in the high elevation area.
5. SARLA THUKRAL INDIA’S FIRST WOMAN PILOT
- Google published a striking doodle to honor Sarla Thukral’s life and achievements on August 8, 2021.
- On the occasion of its 107th birthday, the doodles recreated the iconic image of the pioneer, seated in the cockpit, in a saree.
- Designed by artist Vrinda Zaveri, the doodle is described by the search engine giant as a celebration of the “Indian pilot, designer and contractor.”.
- During her training, Ms.Sarla Thukral also received the distinction of 1000 hours of flight time, which earned her an A licence. It was another first for the Indian ladies.
6. MARITAL RAPE A GOOD GROUND TO CLAIM DIVORCE
- Marital rape is a good cause for divorce, said the High Court of Kerala adding that the law, not recognizing marital rape in criminal law does not prevent the court from recognizing the same thing as a form of cruelty in granting divorce.
- The High Court of Kerala said that treating the body of a wife as something that is due to the husband and committing sexual acts against his will is nothing else than marital rape.
7. PRADHAN MANTRI GRAMIN DIGITAL SAKSHARTA ABHIYAN
- The Department of Electronics and Information Technologies, Government of India implements a programme entitled “Pradhan Mantri Gramin Digital Saksharta Abhiyan (PMGDISHA)”.
- In the framework of the Digital India programme, implement digital literacy in rural areas of India by covering 6 rural households (one person per household).
- People with digital literacy can use computers or digital access devices (such as tablets, smart phones, etc.), send and receive emails, browse the Internet and access Government Services, search for information, undertake cashless transactions, etc. and, as a result, use IT to actively participate in the nation building process.
8. VICE PRESIDENT RELEASED A COMMEMORATIVE POSTAGE STAMP ON ‘CHAMAN LAL’
- Vice-President Venkaiah Naidu issued a commemorative postage stamp on “Chaman Lal” at a public reception at the Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
- The life and works of the prominent social worker and Sangh Pracharak Chaman Lal are well represented on this commemorative postage stamp.
- Although he won a gold medal and received many offers of employment, he chose to meet the basic needs of the victims of India’s partition.
9. HYDROGEN-FUELLED TRAIN
- Making a big step towards the green, the Indian Railways decided to introduce the first hydrogen-fuelled train in the country.
- First, hydrogen-based technology will be introduced on the 89 km Sonipat-Jind Highway.
- Railways also launched tenders to upgrade existing DEMU rakes on green fuel trains.
10. BPCL LAUNCHES ‘SAFAR20’
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) will supply diesel to Doorstep in collaboration with Humsafar India.
- The diesel delivery facility in the doorway is delivered to Jerrycan, which is called Safar20.
- The dostep delivery facility is for customers requiring under 20 liters of diesel.
- Indian Oil recently launched an application-based diesel door-to-door service in Mumbai in conjunction with Okara Fuelogics and Humsafar India.
11. PM TO LAUNCH UJJWALA-2 SCHEME
- PM Narendra Modi will launch Ujjwala 2.0 from the Mahoba District of the UP on 10 August 2021.
- Ujjwala 2.0 will provide free cooking gas connections for poor families by manipulating domestic LPG cylinder connections in Mahoba, Uttar Pradesh.
- Ujjwala 2.0 will provide the first charge and hotplate at no cost to recipients, as well as a free LPG connection.
- In Ujjwala 2.0, migrants will not be required to present a ration card or proof of address.
12. WORLD’S FIRST BIO BANK OF AYURVEDA
- Minister of Ayush Sarbananda Sonowal recently (August 2021) assured all the support to establish the world’s first Bio-Bank in Ayurveda at All India Institute of Ayurveda in New Delhi.
- Sonowal appreciated the institute’s work and fully supported its development as the best Ayurvedic institute in the world.
13. 5TH EDITION OF NATIONAL PUBLIC PROCUREMENT CONCLAVE
- The 5th annual National Public Procurement Conclave (NPPC) was hosted by Government e-Market Place (GeM) in collaboration with the Confederation of Indian Industry [CII] on the theme “Technology enabled Government Procurement – Towards Efficiency, Transparency, and Inclusiveness”.
- Conclave was a great opportunity for government buyers, sellers, industry and academia to engage with each other and served as an online platform for sellers their products and services through the CII’s HIVE Digital Platform in this year.
14. ITBP- FIRST WOMEN OFFICERS IN COMBAT
- On 8 August 2021, the LAC India-China, which guarded the Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) commanded its first two female combat officers after their training.
- Two female combat officers Prakriti and Diksha put the ranks of Assistant Commandant and following the distribution parade and an attestation ceremony in which they took an oath to serve in the country.
- Out of the total 53 officers, 42 officers are part of the General Duty Combat Cadre, and 11 are part of the Mountain Warfare Training Force Engineering Group of approximately 90,000 personnel.
- These officers will now be deployed to all ITPB formations across the country, including the CDC with China and the anti-Naxal theatre at Chhattisgarh.
15. WORLD’S YOUNGEST MOUNTAINEER TO SCALE K2
- A 19-year-old Pakistani climber became the youngest person in the world to reach the K2 peak, the second highest in the world
- Shehroze Kashif from Lahore achieved the feat of climbing the 8,611-meter summit using bottled oxygen.
- Kashif also climbed the world’s twelfth highest mountain, 8,047 meters wide, when he was 17 years old. In May, he became the youngest Pakistani ever to climb Mount Everest.
16. INDIA’S TOKYO 2020 OLYMPICS MEDAL WINNERS
- The 32nd Olympics were held in Tokyo, Japan, from July 23, 2021 to August 8, 2021.
- India finished with 7 medals (1 gold, 2 silver, 4 bronze) and was ranked 48th in the standings.
- This is the highest total of medals in Indian history at the Olympics (the previous one was 6 medals at the Rio 2016 Olympics).
- The USA has come first by getting the most medals out of 113 medals in Olympics.
About International Olympic Committee (IOC)
President – Thomas Bach
H.Q – Lausanne, Switzerland
17. eNAGAR MOBILE APPLICATION AND PORTAL LAUNCHED
- Chief Minister of Gujarat, Vijay Rupani, launched the app and the eNagar mobile portal.
- eNagar includes 10 modules and 52 services, water and drainage, including property tax, building permits, business tax , complaints and grievances, fire and emergency services.
- The eNagar project covers a total of 170 sites with 162 municipalities and 8 municipal corporations.
In case of any discrepancies or errors, plz notify to:
B.TECH (MECHANICAL ENGG.)
- 4+ Years of Industrial Experience
- 2+ Years of Teaching
E-Mail: [email protected]