Current affairs of this week i.e 08.09.21 to 15.09.21 given below. The current affairs section in mechjobs.in has been designed and compiled in an effective manner by a team of experts. It is as per the latest trends of the various government exams. This section will certainly help the students in preparing and cracking the latest government exams.
1. FIRST IAS OFFICER TO WIN THE MEDAL IN PARALYMPIC GAMES – SUHAS L.Y.
- District Magistrate GautamBuddh Nagar (Nodia), SUHAS LALINAKERE YATHIRAJ WON A SILVER MEDAL IN BADMINTON IN TOKYO.
- He became the first IAS officer to not only participate in the Olympics but also win a medal.
- He won silver at the SL4 men’s singles badminton tournament.
- Players are ranked in 6 different classes determined by the World Badminton Federation. This consists of WH1, WH2, SL3, SL4, SL5 and SL6.
- Para-badminton is recognized as a Paralympic sport and is included for the first time at the Tokyo Paralympic Games in 2021.
2. INDIA’S FIRST EMERGENCY LANDING FACILITY IN RAJASTHAN
- India’s first emergency landing strip was unveiled in Rajasthan by Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh and Union Roads Minister Nitin Gadkari.
- This landing facility was built over the Satta-Gandhav section of National Road (NH) 925A in Barmer, Rajasthan.
- This project will enhance links between the villages of the Barmer and Jalore districts on the international border.
- This emergency landing strip will be useful not only during the war but during natural disasters as well.
3. NAMITA GOKHALE RECEIVES- 7TH YAMIN HAZARIKA WOMAN OF SUBSTANCE AWARD
- Namita Gokhale was recently awarded the 7th Yamin Hazarika Woman of Substance Award at a virtual event in September 2021.
- Yamin Hazarika was the first woman from northeastern India to be selected for DANIPS, a federal police force that operated Delhi and the Union Territories in 1977.
- The late Yamin Hazarika was a truly exceptional human being that continues to inspire us today with the integrity, commitment and dedication that she so abundantly displayed in her short life.
4. MAHARASHTRA GOVT. DECIDE TO SET UP OF ‘RAJIV GANDHI SCIENCE CITY’ IN PUNE
- Maharashtra Cabinet has recently decided to create a science town in Pune in September 2021.
- The facility will be referred to as “Bharat Ratna Rajiv Gandhi Science City” in Pimpri – Chinchwad Municipal Corporation in Pune.
5. MEXICO DECRIMINALIZED ABORTION
- The Supreme Court of Mexico has ruled that criminal punishments for ending a pregnancy are unconstitutional. That decision was directed at the northern state of Coahuila.
- Currently, abortion is severely restricted in four Mexican states. It is also legal in the event of rape or when the mother’s life is at risk.
- As a result of this decision, women incarcerated for having been aborted will now be released with immediate effect.
6. MINISTRY OF JAL SHAKTI LAUNCHED SWACHH SURVEKSHAN GRAMEEN 2021
- Swachh Survekshan Grameen, 2021 launched within the framework of the Swachh Bharat mission by Union Minister Jal Shakti, Gajendra Singh Shekhawat.
- Swachh Survekshan is an annual survey of cleanliness, hygiene and sanitation in Indian villages, cities and cities.
- The Swachh Survekshan Grameen Awards are awarded to the highest-ranked states, Union territories (UTs) and districts in the different categories by the Jal Shakti Ministry.
7. PPB LAUNCHED INDIA FIRST FASTAG-BASED METRO PARKING FACILITY
- The digital payment start-up Paytm has joined forces with the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) to set up the first metro car park based on FASTag.
- It should be noted that Paytm Payments Bank Ltd, which is the acquirer, is the parking bank of the Kashmere Gate metro station.
- PPBL reports that it will collect parking fees through FASTag. Paytm FASTag is going to eliminate the need to stop the car.
- By implementing the FASTag system powered by PPBL, vehicle owners are no longer required to pay money and parking fees.
- It is deducted directly from each vehicle’s wallet or FASTag account.
- An electronic toll system that NHAI operates is called FASTag.
- FASTag is attached to the front of the vehicle and makes it possible to cross tolls without stopping to pay.
8. BHUPENDRA PATEL ELECTED AS NEW CHIEF MINISTER OF GUJARAT
- Bhupendra Patel, a provincial MLA, was sworn in as the new Chief Minister for Gujarat.
- His name was nominated by CM Vijay Rupani, who stepped down from his position.
- Patel won the 2017 Gujarat Assembly poll in the riding of Ghatlodia.
- He defeated Congressman Shashikant Patel by more than a lakh of votes and was the biggest winner of the Gujarat polls in 2017.
9. IAF PARTNERED WITH AN IIT FOR ACADEMIC COLLABORATION
- A Memorandum of Understanding (MOA) was signed on September 8, 2021 between IIT Kanpur and the Indian Air Force for university collaboration.
- The Memorandum of Understanding was signed at Air Force Headquarters in New Delhi in the presence of Air Marshall Vibhas Pande Air Officer-in-Charge Maintenance (AOM).
- The partnership will aim to share technical knowledge to foster knowledge development and advance innovation in aerospace technology.
- It will also create new fronts, strengthen the Atma Nirbhar Bharat mission and pave the way for an independent India.
10. RENEW POWER COMMISSIONING OF 250 MW SOLAR PROJECT IN RAJASTHAN
- ReNew Power announced the commissioning of 250 MW of its Interstate Transport System (ISTS) solar power project in Jaisalmer on 9 September 2021.
- The project has a total production capacity of 300 MW, which was awarded by ReNew Power in Tranche three of the competitive auction conducted by the Solar Energy Corporation of India.
- The remaining 50MW will be commissioned by the end of the month.
- The project will deliver clean electricity to the State of Bihar at a rate of 2.55 rupees/kWh (US$0.035).
- The project is also expected to create direct employment for approximately 600 individuals..
11. GOVT. APPROVED SCHEME PRODUCTION LINKED INCENTIVE (PLI) FOR TEXTILES
- The Government recently approved (September 2021) the Production Incentive Program (PLI) for textiles.
- As a result, incentives of Rs.10,683 crore will be available to the textile industry over a five-year period.
- Building on economies of scale, this program will help Indian companies become global champions.
- With this system, India is ready to regain its dominance in world trade in textiles.
- The PLI program will also open the door for many women to participate.
- This program is expected to result in new investment of over Rs 19,000 crores and sales of over Rs 3 lakh crore in five years.
12. NEW GOVERNOR OF UTTARAKHAND & TAMIL NADU
- Gurmit Singh was nominated governor of Uttarakhand on 9 September.
- The Indian president accepted Maurya’s resignation and made Gurmit Singh governor of the state.
- In addition to this new appointment, the President also ordered the relocation of state governors, including the relocation of Banwarilal Purohit from Tamil Nadu to Punjab. He formerly held an additional charge against Punjab.
13. MAHMOOD MAMDANI
- Indian-born author Mahmood Mamdani was recently (September 2021) shortlisted for the Book Award of the British Academy for Global Cultural Comprehension.
- He was pre-qualified for his book ‘Neither Settler nor Native:: The Making and Unmaking of Permanent Minorities.
- The book is described as a thorough study of political, colonial and post-colonial modernity, and an exploration of the roots of the violence that afflicted post-colonial society.
14. AGRARIAN FESTIVAL ‘NUAKHAI’ BEING CELEBRATED IN ODISHA
- Nuakhai, the Odisha Harvest Festival is held on Bhadraba Shuklapakhya Panchami tithi, the day after Ganesh Chaturthi ie. , Sep, 11, 2021.
- This is the consumption of early crops. It is celebrated with the worship of the goddess Samaleshwari, the presiding deity of the Western Odisha.
- The name comes from “nua” which means new and “khai” means food.
- The party is also known as Nuakhai Parab or Nuakhai Bhetghat. The festival promotes mutual harmony and fraternity.
Governor- Ganeshi Lal
Chief Minister- Naveen Patnaik
15. HARYANA FIRST STATE IN INSTALLATION OFF-GRID SOLAR PUMPS
- Haryana became the country’s first state to install out-off-grid solar pumps under the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Urja Suraksha Evam Uttan Mahabhiyan (PM KUSUM).
- Until now, Haryana has installed 14,418 pumps against the 15,000 approved pumps for the year 2020-21.
- It was announced at the closing session of the national «Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav» organized by the Ministry of the Union of New and Renewable Energies (MNRE).
- By implementing PM KUSUM, farmers were able to switch from diesel pumps to solar pumps.
- This measure will double farm income by reducing the cost of farm inputs.