1. THE GLOBAL PEACE INDEX 2021 REPORT:
- Global Peace Index (GPI) was announced by Institute for Economics and Peace (IEP) Sydney, Australia. This 15th edition Index ranks 163 independent states and territories as per the level of their peacefulness. Iceland, the most peaceful country worldwide since 2008. Afghanistan is regarded as the world’s least peaceful country for the fourth consecutive year continuously. Burkina Faso recorded as the largest deterioration in the Global Peace Index 2021.
- India is spotted at 135th position as the most peaceful country while in the South Asia region is ranked 5th. Bhutan and Nepal are in first and second positions respectively & most peaceful in the South Asian region.
- Pakistan witnessed the most improvement in peacefulness with the 150th rank globally and 6th in the South Asia region.
2. ODISHA’S RAJA PARBA’ FESTIVAL:
From June 14, 2021, to June 16, 2021, an annual three-day festival that marks the agricultural year in Odisha, namely Raja Parba, alias Mithuna Sankranti, was held in the state. Odisha Tourism Development Corporation has organized numerous programs and events to observe the celebrations.
Chief Minister– Naveen Patnaik
Governor– Ganeshi Lal
3. FOUNDATION OF RS 48426.55 LAKH LAID DOWN FOR 395 PROJECTS IN MATHURA AND AGRA DISTRICTS:
- Foundations of 395 projects worth over Rs 48426.55 throughout the Mathura and Agra districts were inaugurated by the Deputy Chief Minister of UP Keshav Prasad Maurya. He also said that the government had already decided to embellish and expand the roads by 5 kilometers or more even in a rural area with more emphasis on tourist spots, pilgrimage.
- This visit of Deputy Chief Minister of UP in seen an important step ahead of polls in 2022.
4. PROJECT O2 FOR INDIA WAS LAUNCHED TO MEET THE DEMAND FOR MEDICAL OXYGEN:
The Indian government has launched the “O2 Project for India” to increase India’s ability to meet the growing demand for medical oxygen and hospital beds after the 2nd wave of COVID-19. This is an initiative of the Office of the Senior Science Advisor, Government of India (GoI).
5. WHO PUBLISHED A HANDBOOK ENTITLED “ESTIMATING THE BURDEN OF FOODBORNE DISEASES: A PRACTICAL HANDBOOK FOR COUNTRIES”:
- To address the problem of food-borne diseases worldwide, the World Health Organization (WHO) has launched a handbook entitled “Estimating the burden of foodborne diseases”.
- A practical handbook for countries. It is prepared by the WHO Team of the Reference Group on the Epidemiology of the Burden of Foodborne Diseases (FERG), Multi-sectoral Action in the Food Systems and Nutrition and Food safety.
- WHO is hosting a webinar on June 29, 2021, to discuss the handbook in detail.
6. WORLD COMPETITIVENESS INDEX REPORT 2021:
- Institute for Management Development (IMD) examined the impact of COVID-19 on economies around the world this year. India ranked 43rd rank in its annual World Competitiveness Index (WCI). Switzerland is the topper in the list followed by Sweden (2nd), Denmark (3rd), Netherlands (4th), and Singapore (5th). Taiwan ranked at 8th position, grouped among the top-10 for the first time in 33 years.
- This year’s rankings exposed the economic impact of the COVID-19 across the globe.
- India is ranked second after China (16), followed by Russia (45th), Brazil (57th), and South Africa (62th) among the BRICS nations.
- Singapore (5th), Hong Kong (7th), Taiwan (8th), and China (16th) were among the top-performing Asian economies.
- UAE (9th) and the USA (10th) maintains the same spots as in 2020.
7. “JIVAN VAYU”: INDIA’S FIRST POWER FREE CPAP DEVICE:
- The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Ropar (Punjab) has developed a device known as “Jivan Vayu”, India’s first continuous positive pressure (CPAP) device that can operate without electricity. CPAP machine can be replaced by Jivan Vayu.
- Dr. Khushboo Rakha, Assistant Professor of Metallurgical Engineering and Materials Engineering, developed the device in IIT Ropar’s Advanced Materials and Design Laboratory.
8. KERALA SILVERLINE PROJECT:
- The project is being executed by the Kerala Rail Development Corporation Limited (KRDCL) or K-Rail, which is a joint venture between the Kerala government and the Union Ministry of Railways.
- The proposed project is up to 529.45 km long, covering 11 districts through 11 stations. A semi high-speed railway corridor through the state linking its southern end capital Thiruvananthapuram with its northern end to Kasaragod. This project will reduce the travel time up to 4 hrs with the top speed of 200km/hrs.
- It will have coaches of electric multiple unit (EMU) type with preferably 9 cars and extendable up to 12 cars each with a maximum sitting capacity of 675 to 700 passengers.
9. ARJUN MUNDA LAUNCHES ‘SANKALP SE SIDDHI-MISSION VAN DHAN’:
- The Union’s Tribal Minister has launched the “Sankalp Se Siddhi-Mission Van Dhan” Tribal Livelihoods Initiative.
- At the same time, the Union Minister also launched seven new Tribes India Outlets, Tribes India Coffee table book, Van Dhan website, the software app, and the new TRIFED headquarters in New Delhi.
- The initiatives were implemented in hybrid mode, i.e., physically and virtually. All initiatives focus on sustainable livelihoods for the tribal people.
Union Minister – Arjun Munda (Khunti, Jharkhand)
Minister of State – Renuka Singh Saruta
10. AN AGREEMENT BETWEEN INDIA AND BHUTAN FOR DEVELOPING COOPERATION:
- India & Bhutan mutually signed an agreement (MOU) on environmental related issues including climate change, waste management, etc.
- This agreement will enhance chemical & waste management, air pollution & other environmental activities.
- The MOU will also enhance technological, scientific, and management capabilities and expand areas for environmental cooperation to promote a mutually beneficial partnership between the two countries.
11. FINLAND’S FIRST WOOD SATELLITE IN THE WORLD: WISA WOODSAT:
- As an introduction, the European Space Agency (ESA) will launch the world’s first wooden satellite, WISA Woodsat, designed and manufactured in Finland, on Earth’s orbit by the end of 2021.
- It will be launched on an Electron rocket from Rocket Lab from the Mahia Peninsula Launch Complex in New Zealand.
- It was created by Jari Makinen, co-founder of Arctic Astronautics, a satellite replica manufacturing company. WISA Woodsat is equipped with sensors developed by the European Space Agency.
H.Q – Paris, France
Director-General– Josef Aschbacher
12. IN-EUNAVFOR JOINT NAVAL EXERCISE:
- Recently, the Indian Navy is participating in a joint exercise with the European Union Naval Force (EUNAVFOR) with its warship Stealth frigate INS Trikand, in the two-day exercise in the Gulf of Aden from 18th -19th June 2021.
- The other countries Italy, Spain, and France also participating in this Navel exercise.
- This joint exercise will include cross-deck helicopter operations, Search & Rescue, boarding operations, underway replenishment, Man Overboard drills, and other maritime security operations.
- The Navy and EUNAVFOR converge on a wide range of issues, including counter-piracy operations and the protection of ships deployed under the Charter of the World Food Programme (WFP), the Navy mentioned, adding it also has regular interactions with EUNAVFOR through awareness-raising and shared disagreement (SHADE) meetings held annually in Bahrain.
13. GOVERNMENT LAUNCHED TRUSTED TELECOM PORTAL:
The Government launched the Trusted Telecommunications Portal as part of the National Security Directive for the Telecommunications Sector on the telecom sector (NSDTS) to declare a list of trusted sources and products for installation in the country’s telecom networks on June 15, 2021.
About Centre for Development of Telematics:
Parent Department– Department of Telecommunications
Executive Director – Rajkumar Upadhyay
14. MADHYA PRADESH IS LAUNCHING “YUVA SHAKTI CORONA MUKTI ABHIYAN”:
- The Madhya Pradesh government launched “Yuva Shakti Corona Mukti Abhiyan” to raise public awareness about the COVID-19 pandemic to make people free from corona with the help of a youth power campaign.
- The teachers and about 16 lakh students of the Government colleges in small groups will be given information and details about the significance of COVID-friendly behavior and vaccination.
About Madhya Pradesh:
Governor: Anandiben Patel
15. NISHTHA: A NATIONAL FLAGSHIP PROGRAM BY NCERT:
- MoTA has recently collaborated with the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) in collaboration with the Ministry of Tribal Affairs (MoTA) to provide training to Eklavya Model Residential Schools (EMRSs) 120 Nos. teachers and principals from three states under the NISHTHA initiative.
- NISHTHA-National initiative for School Heads’ and Teachers’ Holistic Advancement Program,
- NISHTHA is a national flagship program of NCERT.
- It aims at “Improving Quality of School Education through Integrated Teacher Training” also to build competencies among all the teachers and school principals at the elementary stage.
16. GOVERNMENT TO SET UP COMMITTEE ON ENERGY EFFICIENCY, LOW CARBON TECHNOLOGY: R K SINGH:
- Minister of State Mr. R. K. Singh said the government will establish a committee/group for the implementation of an energy efficiency and low-carbon technologies road map.
- A high-level meeting was organized by the Ministry of Power to review the status of energy efficiency programs and preparedness for climate change measures.
- The Committee/Panel on Energy Efficiency, Low Carbon Technology will be comprised of members from all relevant ministries.
17. INTERNATIONAL YOGA DAY (IYD) 2021:
- International Yoga Day 7th edition was celebrated on 21st June 2021 across the world.
- Theme: Yoga for wellness. This year’s main focus on practicing Yoga for physical and mental wellbeing.
- WHO in collaboration with GOI launched mYoga
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the “mYoga app” with a vision of One World, One Health.
- The Ministry of Culture also stated to celebrate the International Day of Yoga at 75 cultural heritage locations across the country.
18. YUVRAJ SINGH BECOMES BRAND AMBASSADOR OF PUMA MOTORSPORT IN INDIA:
- PUMA, a Global sports brand partnered with former Indian Cricketer Yuvraj Singh by signing him as the Brand Ambassador of PUMA motorsports in India.
- He has been associated with its other brands & promotional events for over a decade.
19. ADI PRASHIKSHAN PORTAL LAUNCHED BY THE MINISTRY OF TRIBAL AFFAIRS TOGETHER WITH UNDP:
- The Union’s Minister for Tribal Affairs, Arjun Munda, has launched the Adi Prashikshan portal, a unique online portal to provide quality training to the tribal population on 16th June 2021.
- The Adi Prashikshan portal has been developed by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs, the Tribal Research Institute (TRI) – Odisha, and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
- The Ministry of Tribal Affairs makes every effort to recognize the needs, protection, empowerment, and development of tribal communities.
About Ministry of Tribal Affairs:
Union Minister – Arjun Munda (Khunti, Jharkhand)
Minister of State – Renuka Singh Saruta (Chhattisgarh)
20. ODISHA: CM RELEASED A BOOK TITLED “BEYOND HERE AND OTHER POEMS”:
- Naveen Patnaik Chief Minister (CM) of Odisha released the book titled “Beyond Here and Other Poems”, a collection of 61 poems a reflection of a spectrum of experiences of life, perception of death, and philosophical contemplation.
- A book of a poem written by senior bureaucrat Bishnupada Sethi. The book titled “Beyond Here and Other Poems” was published by Har Anand Publications.
In case of any discrepancies or error plz notify to:
B.TECH (MECHANICAL ENGG.)
- 4+ Years of Industrial Experience
- 2+ Years of Teaching
E-Mail: [email protected]
Very much revelent current affairs….