Current affairs of this week i.e 16.09.21 to 23.09.21 given below. The current affairs section in mechjobs.in has been designed and compiled in an effective manner by a team of experts. It is as per the latest trends of the various government exams. This section will certainly help the students in preparing and cracking the latest government exams.
1. SHANGHAI COOPERATION ORGANIZATION 21ST ASSEMBLY AT DUNSHABE
- Headed by the President of Tajikistan, Emomali Rahmon, the 21st meeting of the Council of Heads of State of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization was held on 17 September 2021. Shri Narendra Modi addressed the Summit through video conferencing.
- The summit was attended by Chinese President Xi Jinping, Russian President Vladimir Putin, and heads of state from other member countries.
- In his address, Prime Minister highlighted the challenges of increasing radicalization and extremism across the SCO region that flies in the face of the region’s history as a stronghold of moderate and progressive cultures and values.
2. GOVERNMENT’S FIRST UNANI MEDICAL COLLEGE & HOSPITAL IN J&K
- Sarbananda Sonowal, Union Minister of Ayush, will be inaugurating the first-ever Government Unani Medical College & Hospital on 17 September 2021. The establishment of the Unani Medical College & Hospital in Kashmir under CSS of Rs 17.00 crore
- This will prove as a positive step towards the undeveloped systems of medicine in the UT of J&K particularly the Unani System of Medicine in the Kashmir Division.
- With this step, people will be aware of Ayush Ministries’ other schemes & programs that are directly governed by the GOI.
3. PFC WILL PROVIDE INDIA’S FIRST-EVER EURO GREEN BOND
- Power Finance Corporation Ltd (PFC) is NBFC’s Indian leadership in the energy sector.
- 300 Million euros, a powerful 7 year Euro Bond had been issued by the PFC. This will be India’s first-ever Euro Green Bond by any PSU.
- It is also the first Euro issued by an Indian NBFC and the first Euro bond issued from India since 2017.
- The issue received a high stake from institutional investors in Asia and Europe.
4. ENGINEERS DAY
- On September 15 the birth anniversary of M.Visvesvaraya, a Bharat Ratna awardee Engineers Day is celebrated all across the Country.
- The PM, Shri Narendra Modi greeted all hardworking engineers on Engineers’ Day and paid his homage to Shri M. Visvesvaraya on his birth anniversary.
- This day will be marked as the day of building, construction, and development across the country.
5. BOOK TITLED HUMAN RIGHTS AND TERRORISM IN INDIA BY SUBRAMANIAN SWAMY
- The book “Human Rights and Terrorism in India” was written by BJP MP Subramanian Swamy.
- The book “Human Rights and Terrorism in India” traces how the fight against terrorism can be harmonized with human rights and fundamental rights within the reasonable limits that are authorized by the Constitution and upheld by the Supreme Court.
- This book contains the incident of hijacked 154 Indian Airlines held hostage passengers in Afghanistan’s Kandahar in the year 1999.
6. NORTH KOREA BANNED FROM BEIJING WINTER OLYMPICS 2022
- The International Olympic Committee (IOC) suspended North Korea’s participation in the Beijing 2022 Olympic Winter Games. North Korea has been punished for refusing to send a team to the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games because of COVID-19 pandemic situations.
- The North Korean organization will not be granted assistance or a program by the IOC during the suspension period. The IOC has its headquarters in Lausanne, Switzerland.
7. ACTING CHAIRPERSON OF NCLAT: JUSTICE VENUGOPAL
- Justice Venugopal, a former judge of the High Court of Madras is appointed as the Interim Chairperson of the NCLAT(National Company Law Appellate Tribunal).
- The NCLAT was established under section 410 of the Corporations Act, 2013 to hear appeals of orders made by the National Corporate Law Tribunal (NCLT) with a maximum of 11 persons.
8. F1 ITALIAN GRAND PRIX 2021
- Australian Daniel Ricciardo was the winner of the Italian Grand Prix in Monza. Daniel Ricciardo enjoyed a collision between Lewis Hamilton and Max Verstappen who eliminated both opponents of the championship.
- Lando Norris finished 2nd while Valtteri Bottas finished 3rd in F1.
9. TELANGANA FIRST STATE TO DELIVER MEDICINES BY AIR
- Telangana government, NITI Aayog, HealthNet Global, and World Economic Forum jointly announced the project in Telangana.
- Drones were used to deliver blood units, vaccines, and medicine as per the requirements of the area.
- With this Sky project, Telangana becomes the first State in the country to deliver a payload comprising vaccines Beyond Visual Line of Sight (BVLoS).
- This project is jointly launched by Jyotiraditya Scindia, Civil Aviation Minister, and Shri K.T. Rama Rao, Telangana Industries and Information Technology Minister
10. SANSAD TV LAUNCHED IN NEW DELHI
- Sansad TV, a news network that combines Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha TV, was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Vice president Venkaiah Naidu, and Loksabha Speaker Om Birla.
- Former IAS officer Ravi Kapoor is made the CEO of Sansad TV
- With the launching date of Sansad TV on September 15, Loksabha TV will telecast its proceedings in Hindi and Rajya Sabha will Telecast its proceedings in English.
11. INTERNATIONAL DAY FOR OZONE LAYER PREVENTION- 2021
- International Ozone Layer Conservation Day is celebrated On September 16
- Even though we need some of the sun’s radiation to live, too much of it can damage living things. The ozone layer acts as a shield for life on Earth. The Montreal Protocol on Substances that Deplete the Ozone Layer is an international agreement made in 1987.
- The Vienna Convention for the Protection of the Ozone Layer is the multilateral Environmental agreement. It came into force in 1988.
- The theme of International Day for the Preservation of Ozone Layer 2021 is Montreal Protocol – Keeping us, our food, and vaccines cool.’
12. PM MODI LAYED THE FOUNDATION OF NEW RAJA MAHENDRA PRATAP SINGH UNIVERSITY IN ALIGARH
- THE foundation of a NEW UNIVERSITY named after Raja Mahendra Pratap Singh in Aligarh was laid by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. It is believed that Raja Mahendra Pratap Singh was the first king who formed government even in exile in Afghanistan around 1915.
- Raja Mahendra Pratap Singh has extended his empire over 95 acres in the small principality of Hathras district in western Uttar Pradesh.
13. 1ST GOLFER IN WORLD TO BE GRANTED DUBAI GOLDEN VISA
- The Golden Visa was instituted by the UAE government in 2019 as a new system. Jeev Milkha Singh becomes the first golfer in the world to be granted Dubai Golden Visa during an event in UAE.
- At the 2001 Dubai Desert Classic, Jeev had set a world record at the time when he finished all four ends with just 94 putts while finishing tied for sixth.
- Bollywood stars Shah Rukh Khan and Sanjay Dutt were also granted visas.
14. IRASTAI- THE POWERFUL AI INTELLIGENCE PROJECT TO AVOID ACCIDENTS.
- Nitin Gadkari, Union Minister for Road Transport, launched the iRASTE road safety project powered by artificial intelligence. It stands for Intelligent Solutions for Road Safety through Technology and Engineering.
- This project aims to reduce motor vehicle accidents, understand the factors responsible for these events, and to find solutions to mitigate them.
- This Project is a collaborative effort between the government, INAI, intel, INAI, IIIT –Hyderabad, CSIR-CRRI(Central Road Research Institute), Mahindra & Mahindra, and Nagpur Municipal Corporation(NMC).
- This project has been launched on a pilot basis in Nagpur, Maharashtra.
15. IIM AHMEDABAD: THE BEST BUSINESS SCHOOL IN INDIA BY QS RANKINGS
- In the recent Quacquarelli Symonds(QS) Global MBA Rankings 2022, the Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Ahmedabad was established as the best business school in India.
- Rankings have rated a total of 286 global MBA programs by Quacquarelli Symonds.
- Four Indian business schools were included in the top 100 list of QS ranking. IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Bangalore, IIM Calcutta, and Indian School of Business Hyderabad got 46th, 50th 76th, and 93rd rank respectively.
- Stanford Graduate School of Business, United States ranked #1 among top business schools.
16. INTERNATIONAL RED PANDA DAY
- International Red Panda Day was observed all over the world On 18 September 2021.
- Poaching, habitat destruction, fragmentation, and inbreeding depression threaten the disappearance of red pandas.
- Red Pandas are very lovely and quiet in nature and basically reside in the Eastern Himalayas region of the world. This includes places like China, Nepal, and Bhutan. Like hundreds of other animals, Unfortunately, Red Pandas also facing the threat of extinction.
17. PATENTS (AMENDMENT) RULES, 2021
- “Patents (Amendment) Rules, 2021” has recently (September 2021) been notified. Patent Fees For Educational Institutions Reduced by 80 Percent. This amendment has come into force with effect from September 21, 2021.
- In addition, the Patent Rules were amended in 2016, 2017, 2019, and 2020 to achieve the goal of eliminating proceedings procedural inconsistencies and unnecessary steps in processing applications, thus speeding up the granting/registration and final elimination.
- By amending the Rules, the procedures are made more compact, time-bound, user-friendly, and compatible for e-transactions.
18. LIFE SCIENCES CONCLAVE BY CII 3RD EDITION
- On 17 September 2021; CII organized the third edition of the Life Sciences Conclave.
- Life Sciences Conclave also provides the platform to enable stakeholders all over the world to converge and integrate their ideas. India’s life sciences industry is opening the door to future growth to meet domestic needs.
- The industry is also establishing the country as a leader in the world landscape of life sciences.
- He said that the industry was not short of capital, but risk capital.
- We must now focus on ways to encourage the next generation of IP and innovative new research, which will require industry collaboration with universities and start-ups.
19. G-20 AGRICULTURE MINISTERS MEET
- Chaired by Italy, a European country, the meeting of agriculture ministers of the G-20 countries was held virtually from 17 to 18 September 2021.
- Union Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Minister Narendra Singh Tomar led the Indian delegation in this meeting.
- He explained that by 2030-31, India’s population is expected to reach more than 150 crores, for which the demand for food grains is then estimated to be around 350 million tonnes.
20. HURUN INDIA FUTURE UNICORN LIST 2021
- India is the world’s third-largest unicorn ecosystem in the Hurun India Future Unicorn List 2021, which was published by the Hurun Research Institute in September 2021.
- According to this list, India (51) became the third largest country of the unicorn ecosystem in the world after the US (396) and China (277).
- According to this list, the five main sectors are financial technology, e-commerce, SaaS business, shared economy, and gaming respectively.
- The top 5 Indian cities in the Hurun India Future Unicorn List 2021 are Bangalore (31 companies), Mumbai (13 companies), Gurugram (12 companies), New Delhi (5 companies), and Noida (5 companies).
21. SAMUDRA SHAKTI-2021
- The third edition of the bilateral exercise ‘Samudra Shakti’ took place between the naval forces of India and Indonesia from 20-22 September 2021.
- The exercise seeks to strengthen the bilateral relationship, enhance mutual understanding and interoperability in maritime operations between the two countries’ navies.
- Indian Navy ships ‘Shivalik’ and ‘Kadam’ and the Indian Navy’s Anti-Submarine Warfare Capable Long Range Maritime Reconnaissance Aircraft P8I participated in the exercise.
22. LAUNCH OF ‘PUBLIC EYE APP’ AND ‘MISSION GAURA SHAKTI’ APP
- Uttarakhand CM Pushkar Singh Dhami launched the “Public Eye App” and “Gaura Shakti Mission” for women’s security on 9 September 2021.
- On that occasion, the Chief Minister also highlighted the MG-1 mountaineering campaign conducted by SDRF for environment protection, covid awareness, disposal of harmful garbage, and identification of risky places. Here MG-1 refers to Mount Gangotri-1.
- In the context of the Gaura Shakti Abhiyan mission, the victim can obtain immediate police assistance by dialing an emergency number. Complaints can be filed virtual medium through audio, video, and text messages.
- Through the app, women can also contact other official social media accounts of the police. People can send their complaints as well as photos or videos of criminal or illegal acts taking place around them and send them to the Uttarakhand police.
23. VIVEK RAM CHAUDHARY THE NEXT AIR MARSHAL OF THE INDIAN AIR FORCE
- Vivek Ram Chaudhari, Vice-Chief of the Air Marshal of the Indian Air Force, has been named the next Chief of the Air Staff. The current Chief of Air Staff Air Chief Marshal RKS Bhadauria will retire from the service on September 30, 2021.
- It was commissioned as a fighter in the IAF in December 1982. He is decorated with Param Vishisht Seva Medal (PVSM), Ati Vishisht Seva Medal (AVSM), and Vayu Sena Medal (VM).
- He was appointed to glorify the motto of the Indian Air force i.e “Touch the Sky with Glory”.
In case of any discrepancies or errors, plz notify to:
B.TECH (MECHANICAL ENGG.)
- 4+ Years of Industrial Experience
- 2+ Years of Teaching
E-Mail: [email protected]