1. ODISHA GOVERNMENT LAUNCHED E-PATHSHALA OR E-MULYANKAN
- On 17 June 2021, Samir Ranjan Sprint, Minister of the Odisha State School Education Programme Authority (OSEPA), launched e- pathshala and e- Mulyankan learning platforms for students, teachers, and district education officials of Odisha under COVID-19.
- The e- pathshala is an online learning platform that includes repositories of electronic content in the form of documents, audios, and videos.
- The e- Mulyankan platform is designed to act as a digital bank of practical tests and sample questions so that students can practice for exams.
2. AMITAV GHOSH’S AUTHORED A BOOK ENTITLED “THE NUTMEG’S CURSE: PARABLES FOR A PLANET IN CRISIS”
- Amitav Ghosh, winner of the Jnanpith Prize and renowned author, is the author of a new book entitled “The Nutmeg’s Curse: Parables for a Planet in Crisis”. This book is published by John Murray and will be published on 14th October 2021.
- The book tells the story of colonial influence on the world.
3. I&B MINISTRY AMENDED CABLE TV NETWORKS RULES
- On 18 June 2021, The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting(I&B) notified the Cable Television Networks (Amendment) Rules to provide a transparent statutory mechanism that would benefit the citizens.
- The Cable Television Network Rules provides a statutory mechanism for redressal of grievances/complaints of citizens related to content broadcast by television channels, in accordance with the provisions of the Cable Television Network Act, 1995.
4. FIRST WOMAN FIGHTER PILOT OF J&K
- Flying officer in the Indian Air Force Mawya Sudan has become the first woman from Jammu and Kashmir to be included as a fighter pilot. She became the 12th female officer to join the IAF and the first female government officer to join as a fighter pilot.
5. (MOL&E) SIGNED DECLARATION OF INTENTION WITH UNICEF FOR YOUTH EMPOWERMENT
- The Union Minister of State Santosh Gangwar, Ministry of Labour and Employment (MoL&E) signed a Declaration of Intention with the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) to provide a platform for cooperation between them to implement solutions to address employment and skills challenges for adolescents and youth in India on 17 June 2021.
Executive Director – Henrietta Holsman Fore
H.Q– New York
6. DEFENCE MINISTER RAJNATH SINGH ADDRESSES 8TH ASEAN (ADMM) MINISTERS
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh addressed the 8th ASEAN Defence Ministers Meeting (ADMM) Plus was held on June 16, 2021. Brunei is the Chair of the ADMM Plus forum in 2021.
- ADMM Plus is an annual meeting of the Defence Ministers of 10 ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations) countries and 8 dialogue partner countries – Australia, China, India, Japan, New Zealand, South Korea, Russia & the US.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh stressed on “peaceful resolutions of disputes through dialogue and adherence to international rules and laws.
7. UNCCD’S 2021 LAND FOR LIFE AWARD
- Familial Forestry, the environment, conservation concept of Shyam Sundar Jyani an Associate Professor for Sociology a climate activist based in Rajasthan, won the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD) Land for Life Award for 2021.
- The theme for the Award is “Healthy Land, Healthy Lives” in 2021.
8. STATISTICS DAY CELEBRATION
- The government celebrates Statistics Day in an effort to popularize the use of statistics in everyday life and sensitize the public as to how Statistics helps in shaping and framing policies.
- Statistics Day is observed on the anniversary of the birth of Prof. P C Mahalanobis, 29 June, in recognition of his invaluable contribution to the creation of the National Statistics System.
- The theme for Statistics Day 2021 is Sustainable Development Goal (SDG)-2 (Eradicate hunger, achieve food security and improve nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture).
9. NEXT-GENERATION AGNI-P NUCLEAR MISSILE
- On June 28, 2021, the Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO) has successfully tested a next-generation Agni P ballistic missile from Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam coast of Balasore., Odisha.
- It is a canisterized missile with a range of 1000 to 2000 km. It can be launched from the rail and road and stored for a longer time.
- It may be transported across the country, depending on the requirements. It also comes with the technologies found in the 4000 km Agni-IV and 5000 km Agni-V line.
10. WORLD’S FIRST PHYSICALLY DISABLED ASTRONAUT
- On 25 June 2021, Josef Aschbacher, head of the European Space Agency (ESA), announced that ESA would launch the first physically disabled astronaut in the world.
- It should be noted that several hundred prospective paratroopers have already applied to this role.
11. FIRST BULLET TRAIN IN TIBET
- On June 25, China operationalized its first fully electrified high-speed train (Bullet train) in the remote Himalayan region of Tibet, strategically connecting the provincial capital Lhasa and Nyingchi located Tibetan border town near Arunachal Pradesh.
- The 435.5 km Lhasa-Nyingchi section of the Sichuan-Tibet Railway was inaugurated prior to the 100th-anniversary celebrations of the ruling Chinese Communist Party (CCP).
12. INTERNATIONAL DAY AGAINST DRUG
- The International Day Against Drug Abuse and Trafficking, or World Drug Day, is celebrated every year on 26 June in order to strengthen action and cooperation to achieve the goal of world-free drug abuse.
- The theme for Drug 2021 — “SHARE FACTS ON DRUGS, SAVE LIVES”.
13. INDIA SMART CITIES AWARDS
- On 25 June 2021, the central government declared Smart City Awards 2020 in which Indore (Madhya Pradesh) and Surat (Gujarat) won the joint award for their global development.
- Chandigarh received the prize for best union territory.
- The Smart City awards have been awarded around the themes Social aspects, Governance, Culture, Urban environment, Sanitation, Economy, Built environment, Water, Urban mobility.
14. RAMGARH VISHDHARI SANCTUARY – TO BE THE FOURTH TIGER RESERVE
- The Government of Rajasthan approached the National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA) to develop the Ramgarh Vishdhari Sanctuary in Bundi as the fourth tiger reserve.
- The government of Rajasthan had first announced in 2020 the development plan of the sanctuary as a tiger reserve to provide additional habitat to the tigers of Ranthambore, improving the ecosystem and strengthen tourism as part of last year’s budget.
15. MUKHYAMANTRI KISAN MITRA URJA YOJANA 2021
- The Chief Minister of Rajasthan Ashok Gehlot approved the draft of Mukhyamantri Kisan Mitra Urja Yojana on June 9, 2021. As part of this scheme, a subsidy of Rs 1000 per month and a maximum of Rs 12000 per year will be granted to agricultural consumers equipped with meters by the state government on electricity bills.
- Electricity bills will be issued by electric utilities to eligible agricultural consumers based on the biweekly billing system.
16. FIRST ARAB – INDIA ENERGY FORUM (IAF)
- The first edition of the Arab-Indian Energy Forum (IAF) took place virtually on 8 and 9 June 2021, under the co-chairmanship of India and the Kingdom of Morocco.
- The event was in the implementation of the Executive Programme of the India-Arab Cooperation Forum (AICF) and the decision of the 3rd meeting of senior officials of India and the League of Arab States (LAS) was hosted virtually on January 12, 2021.
17. GLOBAL ECONOMIC PROSPECT REPORT, 2021
- Global Economic Prospect Report 2021 was released in June 2021.
- This World Bank Group policy report provides an estimation of the medium-term outlook for the world economy.
- Global growth is projected to reach 5.6% in 2021, the strongest post-recession pace in 80 years, thanks in part to stable but very unequal access to vaccines.
- India’s growth rate is expected to be 8.3 percent for 2021.
18. 100M BACKSTROKE SWIMMING WORLD RECORD BROKEN BY AN AUSTRALIAN KAYLEE MCKEOWN
- Australian swimmer Kaylee McKeown broke the world record by backstroke swimming 100 metres straight at the South Australian Aquatic Centre. She set a time of 57.45 seconds to reach the new record at the Australian Olympics in Adelaide.
19. JOHN MCAFEE
- British-American software pioneer John David McAfee, the creator of McAfee antivirus software, left us on June 23, 2021.
- John was found dead in his cell, in a prison near Barcelona, where he had been a tax evader since October 2020.
- He was charged with deliberately failing to file tax returns between 2014 and 2018, despite making millions of dollars through consulting work, cryptocurrencies, and other things.
In case of any discrepancies or errors, plz notify to:
B.TECH (MECHANICAL ENGG.)
- 4+ Years of Industrial Experience
- 2+ Years of Teaching
E-Mail: [email protected]