Current affairs of this week i.e 23.08.21 to 31.08.21 given below. The current affairs section in mechjobs.in has been designed and compiled in an effective manner by a team of experts. It is as per the latest trends of the various government exams. This section will certainly help the students in preparing and cracking latest government exams.
1. SAMARTH SCHEME 2021 FOR THE TEXTILE SECTOR
- Ministry of Textiles is implementing Samarth Scheme 2021 for Capacity Building in Textile Sector.
- The first batch of each 63 training centres was successfully carried out to benefit 1,565 artisans. The second batch will also run until August 2021 and will benefit 1,421 artisans.
- In addition, 65 new handicraft training centers are being established to expand the training program so that the maximum number of artisans can benefit.
- Includes core skills (fresh workers) and advanced skills (existing workers).
- Aadhaar Enabled Biometric Attendance System (AEBAS) and Web centralised Management Information System (MIS) for surveillance.
2. GOVERNMENT APPROVED FAIR AND REMUNERATIVE PRICE (FRP) OF SUGARCANE 2021-22
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs approved the fair and remunerative price (FRP) for sugar cane for the 2021-2022 sugar season (October to September) at Rs. 290/- per quintal for a baseline collection rate of 10%.
- The production cost of sugar cane for the 2021-22 sugar season is Rs. 155 per quintal. This FRP of Rs. 290 per quintal at a recovery rate of 10% is 87.1% higher than the cost of production, giving farmers an output of much more than 50% on their cost.
3. SHARED DESTINY-2021- PEACEKEEPING EXERCISE
- From September 6-15, 2021, a peacekeeping exercise entitled Shared Destiny-2021 will take place in China.
- Soldiers from China, Mongolia, Thailand and Pakistan are participating in this multinational exercise.
- Exercise Shared Destiny-2021 will take place at the Combined Arms Tactical Training Base in the Chinese Henan Province Centre.
- The Chinese People’s Liberation Army will lead this exercise alongside its four friendly countries.
- This is the first multi-national peacebuilding exercise involving four nations.
- All participating countries will be sending about 1,000 soldiers to participate in exercises.
- 1,000 troops will be infantry, security, rapid response, engineering, helicopter, transportation and medical services.
4. ‘MISSION KARMAYOGI’ DIGITAL LEARNING LAB PLATFORM
- On 27 August 2021, the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions opened the “Karmayogi” Digital Learning Lab Platform at ISTM, Delhi.
- The ministry commended ISTM for the publication of 75 courses with a running duration of 75 hours of digital content on the Karmayogi Digital Learning Lab platform.
- ISTM (Institute of Secretariat Training & Management) is a leading central training institution reporting to the Ministry of Personnel and Training.
- The government’s most ambitious reform, Mission Karmayogi, is aimed at improving the skills of central government officials and staff.
5. MINISTRY OF JAL SHAKTI LAUNCHED A 100 DAYS CAMPAIGN- ‘SUJALAM’
- Jal Shakti’s ministry launched a 100-day campaign – “SUJALAM” as part of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’s Open Defecation Free (ODF) celebrations.
- More Status in villages all over the country by managing wastewater at the village level.
- The goal is to develop 1 million Soak-Pits and other grey water management activities in the villages.
- Upgrading the washrooms through information, education and communication (IEC) and community participation.
- Make sure that all new homes in villages have access to washrooms.
About Ministry of Jal Shakti
- Union Minister – Gajendra Singh Shekhawat
- Minister of State – BIshweswar Tudu (Mayurbhanj, Odisha), Prahlad Singh Patel (Damoh, Madhya Pradesh)
6. RBI APPOINT THREE NEW OFFICERS EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) promoted three F-level officers to Ajay Kumar, A.K. Choudhary and Deepak Kumar in their roles as Executive Directors for 2021-2022.
- Ajay Kumar was the Regional Director for the RBI Regional Office in New Delhi
- K. Choudhary was the chief managing director in charge of the supervisory department, RBI Mumbai.
- Deepak Kumar is the Chief Executive Officer of the Department of Information Technology (IT) at RBI Mumbai.
About Reserve Bank of India(RBI):
- Governor– Shaktikanta Das
- Deputy Governor– Michael Debabrata Patra; Mahesh Kumar Jain; T. Rabi Sankar and M.Rajeshwar Rao
- Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
7. TOKYO PARALYMPICS OPENING CEREMONY: TEK CHAND
- Javelin launcher Tek Chand carried the tricolour as India made its way to the opening ceremony of the Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games on August 24, 2021 at Japan National Stadium.
- Tek Chand was India’s flag-bearer at the opening ceremony of the Tokyo Paralympic Games following the quarantine of Thangavelu Mariyappan following close contact with a person infected with COVID-19 on his flight to Tokyo.
- The Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games will be held from August 24 to September 5 and include 539 medal events in 22 sports. In total, 54 Indian para-athletes from nine sport disciplines will take part in the Paralympic Games. It’s the biggest Indian contingent of the Games.
8. NEW CHAIRPERSON OF JIO MAMI MUMBAI FILM FESTIVAL
– PRIYANKA CHOPRA JONAS
- Priyanka Chopra Jonas was appointed president of the Jio MAMI Film Festival on 17 August 2021, almost four months after the resignation of Deepika Padukone.
- She was proposed unanimously by the MAMI Board of Directors, which includes Nita M Ambani (Co-Chairperson), Anupama Chopra (Festival Director), Ajay Bijli.. etc.
- The provisional dates for the Jio MAMI Mumbai Film Festival are March 11-15, 2022.
- Jio MAMI 2.0 will work to create more awards and subsidies for Indian films and filmmakers and move away from the international competition section.
9. INDIA, VIETNAM NAVIES CARRY OUT BILATERAL MARITIME DRILL IN SOUTH CHINA SEA
- The navies of India and Vietnam conducted a bilateral marine exercise in the South China Sea on August 18, 2021.
- The Indian naval ship Ranvijay and INS Kora engaged in a bilateral maritime exercise with the frigate of the Popular Navy VPNS Ly Thai To (HQ-012).
- Bilateral interaction is aimed at strengthening the strong link between the two navies and would be another step towards strengthening defence relations between India and Vietnam.
- At sea phase included surface warfare exercises, weapons training, and helicopter operations.
- INS Ranvijay is a guided missile destroyer and the newest member of the Rajput Class.
- It also has the capability to carry anti-submarine helicopters (Kamov 28).
- INS Ranvijay is joined by INS Kora as the lead ship for the Kora Class Missile Corvette. The ship is equipped with surface-to-surface missiles as well as anti-aircraft guns.
10. INDIA’S FIRST DIGITAL ALTERNATIVE INVESTMENT FUND
- ASK Investment Managers (ASK IM), registered with SEBI, is one of the most important providers of portfolio management services in India.
- India’s first Alternative Digital Investment Facility (AIF) was launched on August 16, 2021.
- Name and Characteristics — “ASK Emerging Opportunities Fund” is a long-term Category III AIF.
- It is a flexible capitalization portfolio with a preference for mid-caps and will invest in publicly traded Indian equities.
- This fund is intended to invest in recipients in various sectors such as specialty chemicals, footwear, diagnostics, niche digital technologies, etc.
- The fund is targeted to raise Rs. 1,000 crore. The ASK IM platform is activated for digital signatures through the Aadhaar electronic platform.
11. ACADEMIC RANKING OF WORLD UNIVERSITIES 2021
- ARWU (Academic Ranking of World Universities), also known as Shanghai Ranking, has recently published its 2021 list of universities.
- Harvard University in the United States tops the list, followed by Stanford University in the United States and Cambridge University in the UK.
- Fourteen universities from India attended ARWU in 2021.
- Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru was ranked number one among Indian institutes and ranked between 401 and 500 among the world’s institutes.
- Calcutta University was 2nd ranked and Banaras Hindu University was 3rd ranked (3 to 8) among Indian institutions. No one in India is in the top 100.
12. FIFTH EDITION INDO-KAZAKHSTAN JOINT TRAINING EXERCISE “KAZIND-21”
- The fifth Joint Military Exercise between India and Kazakhstan will take place from 30 August to 11 September 2021.
- “KAZIND-21” will take place at Aisha Bibi Training Centre in Kazakhstan.
- Joint training between the two armies to boost the bilateral relationship between India and Kazakhstan.
- “KAZIND-21” will be the occasion for the Armed Forces of India and Kazakhstan to train for a counter-insurgency/counter-terrorism operation in a mountainous and rural scenario under a United Nations mandate.
13. BRICS NSA SUMMIT-2021
- The 11th meeting of senior BRICS officials responsible for national security was held on August 24, 2021, via video-conference.
- Indian National Security Adviser Ajit Doval hosted the meeting as India chairs the 2021 BRICS Summit.
- The fifteenth BRICS Summit is scheduled for September 2021.
- NSAs will hold extensive exchanges of views to build broad consensus on the global, regional and national security landscape and cooperation in fields such as health, law enforcement, anti-terrorism and cyber security.
14. THE WORLD’S LARGEST AND TALLEST OBSERVATION WHEEL TO OPEN IN UAE
- The world’s largest and highest observing wheel will open its doors in the United Arab Emirates on October 21, the last landmark to join Dubai’s long list of historical attractions.
- The observing wheel known as “Ain Dubai” is 250 m (820 ft) high and is located on Bluewaters Island.
- Almost twice the height of the London Eye, Ain Dubai will bring visitors up to 250 metres to enjoy a majestic spectacle view of Dubai’s picturesque skyline.
- Located on Bluewaters Island, it will provide experiments starting with a rotation of about 38 minutes, up to two rotations of about 76 minutes.
15. SURESH RAINA RELEASED A BOOK TITLED- BELIEVE WHAT LIFE AND CRICKET TAUGHT ME
- Indian cricketer Suresh Raina published his memoir on May 24 entitled Believe: What Life and Cricket Taught Me.
- The project was co-authored by journalist and author Bharat Sundaresan.
- It is published by Penguin Random House India.
- The book will detail the challenges he faced as a young cricket player, the intimidation he faced at school and cricket camps and the relationships he has developed over the years.
In case of any discrepancies or errors, plz notify to:
B.TECH (MECHANICAL ENGG.)
- 4+ Years of Industrial Experience
- 2+ Years of Teaching Experience
E-Mail: [email protected]