1. India’s first medal (Silver) in Tokyo Olympics 2021 won by Mirabai Chanu
- Mirabai Chanu created history by winning a silver medal in weightlifting on 24th July 2021
- Mirabai secured the second position in the 49kg category. However, the gold in this event was won by Jihoi Hou of China.
2. World’s 1st 3D-printed Steel Bridge developed by MX3D, The Dutch robotics company, was publicly opened in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
- The 3D printed bridge has been installed over Oudezijds Achterburgwal, one of the oldest canals in Amsterdam’s city.
- Queen Máxima from the Netherlands had attended the inauguration ceremony for the bridge.
3. The World Universities Summit 2021 organized by O.P. Jindal Global University, Sonipat (Haryana) addressed by Vice President Venkaiah Naidu virtually
- Theme – “Universities of the Future: Building Institutional Resilience, Social Responsibility, and Community Impact”.
About P. Jindal Global University
- Founding Vice-Chancellor – Professor C. Raj Kumar
- Location – Sonipat, Haryana
4. On 20th July 2021, NSE Foundation in partnership with the (UNICEF) and NITI Aayog launched a COVID-19 Vaccination Campaign Project CAVACH (COVID-19 and Vaccination Assistance Campaign for Health) in 5 Aspirational districts of India.
- 5-districts name: ‘Karauli’ in Rajasthan, ‘Ramanathapuram’ in Tamil Nadu and ‘Kiphire’ in Nagaland, ‘Nandurbar’, ‘Osmanabad’ in Maharashtra.
About NSE Foundation:
- NSE Foundation is the subsidiary company of the National Stock Exchange and is responsible for conducting all its Corporate Social Responsible activities.
- NSE is headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- Executive Director – Henrietta H. Fore
- H.Q – New York, USA
5. On July 16, 2021, the world’s largest Emissions Trading System (ETS) was launched by China
- China has replaced the European Union (EU) as the largest Carbon Market.
- China is the world’s largest greenhouse gas emitter, part of China’s efforts to decarbonize its economy by 2060.
- President – Xi Jinping
- Capital – Beijing
- Currency – Renminbi
6. United Nations (UN) 4th Global Survey on Digital and Sustainable Trade Facilitation 2021 shows that India’s rank improves from 78.49% in 2019 to 90.32% in 2021.
About United Nations (UN):
- Establishment– 1945
- Secretary General– Antonio Manuel de Oliveira Guterres
- Total Members– 193
- Secretariat– New York, United States (US)
7. Mohun Bagan Ratna Award 2021 given to Former Indian Footballer Shibaji Banerjee (posthumously)
Apart from the Mohan Bagan Ratna award, Mohun Bagan Awards 2021 in other categories are as follows;
- Best Footballer Award 2021 – Roy Krishna, Fijian footballer and the captain of ATK Mohun Bagan in the Indian Super League(ISL). He won the ISL Golden ball award too.
- Best Cricketer Award 2021 – Skipper Abhimanyu Easwaran,
- Best Athlete Award 2021 – Bidisha Kundu, won the 100m hurdles and high jump in the National Championship.
8. United Kingdom’s (UK) ‘Liverpool – Maritime Mercantile City’ Site delisted from the list of UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- It was inscribed on the UNESCO list in 2004.
- It is just the third Site to be delisted from UNESCO’s list.
Other Delisted Sites:
- In 2007, Arabian Oryx Sanctuary from Oman.
- In 2009, Elbe Valley from Germany.
9. 35th Olympiad or 2032 Summer Olympics will be hosted by Australia’s Brisbane city.
Venues of Upcoming Summer Olympic games:
- 2020 Olympics – Tokyo, Japan (Held in 2021)
- 2024 Olympics – Paris, France
- 2028 Olympics – Los Angeles, USA
About International Olympic Committee (IOC):
- President– Dr. Thomas Bach(Germany)
- Headquarters– Lausanne, Switzerland.
- World’s largest coral reef system – “Great Barrier Reef” is located over the coast of Australia
- Prime Minister – Scott Morrison
- Capital – Canberra
10. The 32nd annual Olympic Games will take place in Tokyo, Japan from 23rd July- 8th August 2021.
- Paralympic Mascot – Someity; Summer Olympic Mascot – ‘MIRAITOWA’.
- Skateboarding, sport climbing, karate, surfing, and the 4x400m mixed relay will start their Olympic debut in 2020.
- The Olympics are organized by the International Olympic Committee.
11. (UNESCO)’s ‘Historic Urban Landscape Project’ launched by Shivraj Singh Chouhan, Chief Minister(CM) of Madhya Pradesh (MP) has virtually
- The cities of Gwalior and Orchha were included in this project as the eighth and ninth cities of the Asian Pacific (APA).
About Madhya Pradesh:
- Governor – Mangubhai C. Patel
- Airports – Devi Ahilyabai Holkar Airport, Khajuraho Airport, Raja Bhoj International Airport.
- UNESCO heritage site – Rock Shelters of Bhimbetka, Buddhist Monuments.
12. Dalit Bandhu Scheme launched by Telangana Chief minister K Chandrasekhar Rao
- The purpose of this program is to provide financial assistance to Dalit (scheduled caste) families to make them financially self-sufficient.
13. The G20 (Group of Twenty) Environment Ministers’ Meeting 2021 held in hybrid format hosted by Italy in Naples was represented by Union Minister, Bhupender Yadav, Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEF&CC).
About Group of Twenty (G20):
- The 2021 G20 is under the Italian Presidency. It focuses on three major intersecting pillars of action: people, the planet, and prosperity.
- Members – 20 (19 countries + European Union)
- Establishment – 1999
14. UNCDF & Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation launched Agritech Challenge 2021
- Agritech Challenge 2021 to meet the challenges of smallholder farmers in Asia and Africa.
About United Nations Capital Development Fund (UNCDF):
UNCDF was established as an autonomous organization within the United Nations.
- Executive Secretary– Preeti Sinha
- H.Q– New York, United States of America
- Established- 1966
15. The European Union (EU) country, which ratified the framework agreement for International Solar Alliance: SWEDEN
- Sweden has set a challenging target of 100% renewable electricity capacity by 2040.
- Prime Minister – Stefan Löfven
- Capital – Stockholm
- Currency – Swedish Krona
About International Solar Alliance (ISA):
- H.Q– Gurugram, Haryana
- D.G– Ajay Mathur
16. Borlaug National Award 2020 given to Kajal Chakraborty
- 93rd Foundation Day of ICAR was marked in the presence of Mr. Narendra Singh Tomar, Union Minister of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare, announcing the ICAR Awards 2020 under 16 categories.
About Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR):
(ICAR) is an autonomous organisation under the Ministry of Agriculture and Research in Agriculture and Education (DARE).
- D.G. – Trilochan Mohapatra
- H.Q. – New Delhi
- Established – 16th July 1929
17. BOOK – An Ordinary Life: Portrait of an Indian Generation” authored by Former ECI Ashok Lavasa
- He weaves the experiences of his father, Udai Singh, into the narrative of a swift evolving show how the principles of Bauji had served as a moral compass in his life – and can do so in ours as well.
- Through a series of incidents, he explores the virtues of truthful living and illustrates that we can flourish in a world of rising aspirations and fierce competition while preserving our ideals.
18. Book ‘Renegades: Born in the USA’ authored by The former United States President Barack Obama and American musician Bruce Springsteen
- Two longtime friends, share a personal and urgent conversation about life, music, and their enduring love for America, with all its challenges and contradictions,
- In this magnificent product an expansion of their revolutionary Higher Ground podcast, with over 350 photos, exclusive bonus content and unparalleled archive material.
19. Book “Kashmir Ki Kyari Mein Aag Ki Lapte Aakhir Kab Tak?” Released by Maharashtra Governor Bhagat Singh Koshyari, authored by Kashmiri writer and social worker Dr. Beena Budki at Raj Bhavan, Maharashtra.
- This publication refers to the turbulence in Kashmir after the repeal of section 370 in August 2019.
20. Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath launched the ‘My Gov-Meri Sarkar’ portal on July 26th, 2021
- The portal is designed to further enhance the engagement of ordinary citizens with the state government.
- It will be a major platform for disseminating governance patterns and getting people’s opinions on them.
- The portal “Meri Sarkar” would help the population of the state communicates its opinions, suggestions, and comments.
- The portal would become a new platform for public engagement and good governance.
21. The ‘International Year of Millets’ – 2023
- The Union’s Minister of State for Agriculture and the Welfare of Farmers, Ms. Shobha Karandlaje, addressed the pre-summit ministerial round table virtually on “Transforming Food Systems for Achieving the Sustainable Development Goals: Rising to the Challenge” of United Nations Food Systems Summit 2021.
22. According to the Ministry of Agriculture and Farm Welfare released data from the second anticipated estimate of the area and production of horticultural crops for the year 2020-21, the horticulture production is estimated to be 329.86 million tonnes
- The production estimates are the highest so far and it reflects an increase of 9.39 million tonnes (2.93%) in comparison to 2019-20.
23. India’s 39th UNESCO World Heritage Site & the 1st World Heritage Site from Telangana – Rudreswara Temple
- The Rudreswara Temple was proposed by India as the only candidacy for the UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2019.
24. India and Maldives sign agreement for Community Projects
- External Affairs Minister S.Jaishankar and Abdulla Shahid signed an agreement on India-funded High Impact Community Development projects in the Maldives.
About the Maldives
- President– Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Capital– Male
- Currency– Maldivian Rufiyaa
25. Book on Indian Start-up Ecosystem ‘Shifting Orbits’ released by Amitabh Kant
- The book explains the rise of the startup landscape in India in 4 different sections: innovation, incubation, funding, and industry prospects.
26. World’s 1st Country to approve GM ‘Golden Rice’ is the Philippines
- The rice variety approved by the Philippines is enriched in vitamin A-beta-carotene precursor to making it more nutritious.
- In the Philippines, almost 17 percent of children under 5 years old are deficient in vitamin A.
About the Philippines:
- President – Rodrigo Duterte
- Capital – Manila
- Currency – Philippine peso
27. Sujal – Drink-from-Tap’ project in Pune inaugurated by Chief Minister of Odisha Naveen Patnaik
- India’s 1st city in Odisha to provide 24×7 piped pure drinking water will be sourced from the Mangala river in Puri.
- Capital – Bhubaneswar
- Governor – Ganeshi Lal
- Ramsar Sites – Chilika Lake, Bhitarkanika Mangroves
28. Devaranya Yojana upgraded by Madhya Pradesh (MP) Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan to promote Ayurveda
- AYUSH – Siddha and Homoeopathy, Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani.
About Madhya Pradesh:
- UNESCO heritage sites– Khajuraho Group of Monuments, Rock Shelters of Bhimbetka, Buddhist Monuments at Sanchi
- Ramsar Wetland Sites – Bhoj Wetlands
29. Basavaraj S Bommai became the Twenty third (23rd) Chief Minister of Karnataka
- Basavaraj is a 3-time MLA from Shiggaon Constituency, he has been representing the constituency since 2008 in the Karnataka Legislative Assembly.
- Governor – Thaawar Chand Gehlot
- Capital – Bengaluru
In case of any discrepancies or errors, plz notify to:
B.TECH (MECHANICAL ENGG.)
- 4+ Years of Industrial Experience
- 2+ Years of Teaching
E-Mail: [email protected]